Thread: Tuning StabiliTrac

Potential Tuner

Tuning StabiliTrac

Good evening guys,

I am new to this forum as well as hptuners. I have a 2011 Camaro SS that was tuned by corvettes of westchester. What I would like to o now is try and tune the StabiliTrac to get the car to actually leave the line without blowing the tires off. Is this possible to do? Any information would help.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    good idea

Tuning Addict
    Post the tune - good chance it's just shut off in the tune...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Assume you have an M6. StabiliTrac has nothing to do with traction or wheel slippage and is different from Traction control or Competitive mode. Stabilitrac only modulates Left and Right brakes when the car starts to slid in a turn. You might want to run in Competitive mode which includes Launch control and attempts to limit rear wheel overspeed to about 200 RPM higher than the front wheels so you never really blow the tires off the car. SbabiliTrac is also enabled when in Competitive mode.

The amount of overspeed can be changed by changing VSS and tire diameters in the tune but there's not many other settings to adjust. I've been tweeking competative mode for a while now and getting close to fully computerized launches that maintain the same rear wheel overspeed regardless of launch boost, road conditions, how hot the tires are, etc...

The hardest part for me is having confidence the ECM will hold launch RPM and slip because the pedal is buried to the floor 100% when staged but guess that's why they have a rev limiter.

My 2011 3LT SS Camaro had the same setup as you so so pretty sure your car supports it too. GM has a nice video explaining all the different modes on that model year in case you're not sure how they work....be careful reading about how modes work on different year cars because GM seems to change it around from year to year.
    2012 C6 Base, Kooks 1-7/8" LT, Catted, NPP
    Novi 1500SL, 10% OD IW, Big Blower Cam, Flip Drive, 2x Alky, ID1000
    Nitto NT05R 305x19, 255x18 on CCW T10s
    Self built and tuned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod2UTqrVwM