Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PE tuning

Tuner
    Ahh...gotcha. Was just wondering
    2007 Mustang GT
    266rwhp 276rwftlb's. 13.6@104 stock.
    Adding a bunch of goodies and shooting for mid 12's.

Tuner
    for sure.... hey man, you should set your truck into closed loop SD mode, my is pulling so hard now and my LTFT and STFT are not nearly as far off as they were before, only up high and down low, so i am only messing with those two tables right now and will see the results tonight, but man the truck is pulling in so much more air now, i don;t think i will hook the MAF back up if my gas milage doesn;t dump to much
    2005 Chevy Colorado
    4/4 drop
    1.25" thick front and 1" thick rear sway bars
    Nitrous Express wet kit
    billet servo
    JL12W7 in custom ported box w/ Phoenix Gold 1200.1

Tuner
    I fooled with SD for a little while the other day. I liked how it ran, and once I get the time to do some VE tuning, I may... I kinda like the idea of having a realtime reading on my airflow, rather than just a "best guess".
    2007 Mustang GT

Tuner
    cool... glad to see that it wasn;t just my imagination that the truck was running much better in SD..... i am going to be tuning my tables over the next few days here and will let you know how it goes
    2005 Chevy Colorado
    4/4 drop
    Nitrous Express wet kit
    billet servo

Tuner
    So, you going to just disable the multiple tables and run on one?
    2007 Mustang GT

Tuner
    nope.... i have logged an hour or so worth of LTFT and STFT data in SD mode after the initial 100 mile run to let the computer re-learn the fuel trims, and it seems that my LTFT's are all within 0 and -2 from about 3000-4300 RPM's or so, so i plan on changing to low and high tables first and see how it goes from there

i can tell you i have already gone through a tank of gas in 3 days doing this and will probably waste a lot of gas getting all the tables right, but someone has to do it right?
    2005 Chevy Colorado
    4/4 drop
    Nitrous Express wet kit
    billet servo

Tuner
    Something Chris said in another thread:

"These things are like tuning the LS2, just with more tables."

I'm wondering if maybe we don't just say bugger the VE tables, and tune the MAF? Know the 06 vettes don't have VE tables, and maybe thats what he was aluding to?
    2007 Mustang GT

Tuner
    i know that the MAF is in bad need of scaling in multiple area's cause like i said before the VE tables are pretty much right on in the mid range... it is the upper and lower that are completley our of whack..

i figure i will mess with the tables for a few days here and see what happens and go from there... funny thing is when i filled up last night i figured my gas mileage would have dropped since i have been buring through gas in SD mode, but i got 22.5 MPG i hardly ever break 22 driving the way i do with my AC on in 105 degree weather so i'm not to sure what to think right now but something is off with the factory tune by a lot
    2005 Chevy Colorado
    4/4 drop
    Nitrous Express wet kit
    billet servo

Tuner
    I think I am gonna skip the VE tables this weekend and see what I can accomplish by tuning just the MAF. Might be a waste of time.. or maybe not... I'll keep ya up on what I find.

As for your gas mileage in SD... it shouldn't significantly change really... The MAF is only used in measurements during steady state airflow... when your on and off the gas, and changing throttle position, it ignores the MAF and uses the VE tables, or so I understand anyway....
    2007 Mustang GT

Tuner in Training
    Let us know how that goes, I have been holding off on messing with the VE tables.
    2011 F-350 6.7L Powerstroke