Thread: New guy

Potential Tuner

New guy

Ok, for starters, I have been outta the game for awhile. Made me happy to see progress on our cars/engines. So, who do i contact to see which package and what not I will need? Shifted, nice to see a familar name in here.

Ok, so maybe one of you guys could help me out, or set me up with what I will need to adiquetly tune my car. Here is a mod list. Ported head, turbotech stage 1 cams, WR intake, 4-1 header, highflow cat, stock exhaust piping. I also have the B&M shiftkit plus. I have a 4spd auto. Mods will cahnge rapidly now that i know my car is worht building.

So with the mods I have, what package do I need to purchase, and which codes am I gonna need to know. I dont care so much about the VSS so much anymore, I had a friend die, and it changed my outlook. As soon as i hit 107mph in the 1/4 then i will worry about it. Any help would do, thx JBO mates and HPTuners.

well with Hp tuners you can prob get rid of the B+m chip, get the enhanced its virtually impossible to tune without logging AFR

Potential Tuner

Huh?

I tune my AFR via the Apexi. Yes, I would love to mess around with the shift points and fuel arch at the higher rpm range. The SAFC-2 doesnt allow me access to that.

I am confused as to which model you are referring to. I see the std and other one. Which will best suit my needs, and it looks like I have to buy upgrades to different features . What I mean is, am I gonna have to purchase more and more things for future upgrades, or is the initial purchase the only one. If I buy the best one that is. So throw me a model # of the programer I need and fill me in on the details to get me started.

On a side note, whats up Rod, havent seen you in ahwile either. Friendly faces galore. I will listen to your advice, because I know you know our motors in and out . Wouldnt mind hearing from Shifted either.

The enhanced one allows you to hook up and log things like a 5v signal from a wideband 02 sensor, or hook in a GM 2 bar map and log boost, or you can set up the outputs for certain conditions like I have mine set up whenever there is knock I can trigger an LED, its basically more toys, but they are useful

Having a wideband signal is the biggest benefit I dont know how else you could tune as easily without one really

Potential Tuner
    Ok, I might be going around in circles, but I am purchasing it tomorrow. I just want to be sure I am not wasting a paycheck on something I already have. I notice this sytem is on a credit system. Once I buy it, I have 8 credits. I license my 2003 Pontiac S/F. So now I have 6 left. Will it cost me more credits to tune after I purchase the system? I am just saying. I might want to play around a bit with some settings, and I would hate to have to use 49.99usd everytime I want to tweak some settings.

Basically, I want my motor to breathe better, spark better and get the right amount of fuel for every rpm range. I want to remove the RPM limiter, and change the shift points. Possibly move the VSS up more later down the road. I do not want to be paying out the *** for every change I do. Or is it, once you buy the license for the car, you are free to play around? I have read the main page of the site, and read up a bit. But I would rather much have my questions answered directly. Thx again Rod

Advanced Tuner
    Nope, once you license a car, you can do unlimited tuning to it for free. The other 6 credits you can use to tune other vehicles and make some money back if you want.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Shifted is the master Jedi, I am but a young Padewon learner when it comes to this stuff