Thread: 2015 Charger Hellcat richening up commanded FA at high speed

2015 Charger Hellcat richening up commanded FA at high speed

Hey guys,

Tuning a 2015 Charger Hellcat. Car has Longtubes, catback, no cats, and a CAI. ANN was left on and fuel mass/inj PW tables were adjusted to dial in the part throttle and WOT fueling.

Car runs great with the exception that at high speeds (above 120 or so) the commanded EQ/FA starts to get rich.

Don't have a log unfortunately but Tune is attached here. Airflow DIAGs have been bumped up, throttle max has been increased to give WOT before 4k, and no tq management was removed from the car. Car is going to the dyno this weekend to finalize WOT and would like to have this figured out by then. Thanks all for the help.

4.18.17 Final PreDyno.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    You need to max out your cat over temp and exhaust over temp thresolds and then zero out the adder tables. Without seeing a log my guess is that's why it's adding fuel up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    You need to max out your cat over temp and exhaust over temp thresolds and then zero out the adder tables. Without seeing a log my guess is that's why it's adding fuel up top.
    That would make sense, oversight to miss those.

Guy with the car just let me know that it seems to be surging now even though yesterday had zero issues. ANN is on and was never turned off. Only thing i could possibly think of is disabling the rear o2s in the open loop control which I did right before the car left.

Did some light modding to the desired airflow throttle table to give a bit more throttle range at low input but that was fine the whole time tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    Also there is one T/M table, can't remember which one it is, that I changed and it made the idle surge really bad. It would normally only do it on first start up.

realized i had a dumb moment when finishing the car up late last night. Used to seeing GM/Ford style labeling of O2s i accidentally turned off all o2s on the B2 side instead of both rears.

One question I had is getting the car to shift higher than 6000rpm in regular drive mode.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
    realized i had a dumb moment when finishing the car up late last night. Used to seeing GM/Ford style labeling of O2s i accidentally turned off all o2s on the B2 side instead of both rears.
    I may or may not have done that before.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I may or may not have done that before.....lol
    lol, it's easy to do when looking at them quickly. Car has a light surge at medium throttle in high gear on the highway at like 2000 rpm while acccelerating, gotta check the adapts there and see what's going on. Slighly increased the throttle rate from .010v and i'm wondering if that's affecting it and making the butterfly do weird shit.

Jay, is there anything special needed to be done to dyno these cars? (dyno mode, fuse pulled, etc.) and what gear do you generally use on the 8 speeds?

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't done an auto yet. There's a function in HPT that allows you to turn off traction control. I normally put it in track mode. The traction control will still fight you till about 30mph then it turns everything off and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. I know Ron and Curt have done auto's so they probably can give you more info than I can.