Thread: Just getting started MAF tuning

Just getting started MAF tuning

I think I have everything configured correctly for MAF tuning my 2009 G8. Just wondering if someone can take a quick glance at my Tune and log to confirm I am doing this correctly. I went for a short drive and will be doing a longer drive shortly. I am getting a code P0106 for the MAP sensor. Is this normal for having VE lookup disabled or is something actually going on with my MAP sensor?

2009G8GTMAFTuning.hpt
    mafdrive.hpl
    G8_Layout.Layout.xml

MAF is close in that log, not much else you need to change in that range, so appears you're doing it correctly

Shouldn't get a P0106 code just from going MAF only

I don't see a wideband so you won't be able to do much once it goes into PE

I found that the ranges in the log didn't match the ranges in the tune after my second drive. I copied a layout config from another post for a G8 so I thought it would be correct but it wasn't. After driving a third time it is a little lean over the range but nothing too bad. It is 5 or under but I will get it closer.

The code hasn't actually set yet. It is just pending so I will keep an eye on it.

I have a wideband but I haven't installed it yet. It is an Aeroforce and the instructions say that it can simulate narrowband but they do not say the voltage for it. I am planning on testing it to see what the voltage is to see if it will work to simulate the narrowband so I can replace one of the stock sensors. Otherwise I will need to find space to install another bung before the cats. I have stock manifolds so there is not much room.

Otherwise the car is running pretty good.

I'd steer clear of the simulated NB out. Some people have had good luck with it but I had issues with mine. Narrowbands are practically always 0-1V so I'm sure that's what the output is. Exhaust shop can add a bung easy enough for the WB

I wouldn't fret over 5 or under. Not to say you can't make it better along the way. It isn't actually running lean, it's correcting by that amount so that it's not lean.

The log you posted is within 2%. It doesn't get much better than that.

Get the wideband in and see how the WOT areas look IMO. I wouldn't spend much more time on the lower areas. You're getting to the point where you'll start chasing your tail.

Thanks for the advice! Is the computer good enough after getting it close, so that at different temperatures it will be able to correct enough? From summer to winter?

In closed loop, yes. It can correct somewhere around +/- 25% which is obviously quite a lot.