Thread: L92 6.2 Fast idle, need 6.0 truck program, is my strategy OK?

Tuner in Training

L92 6.2 Fast idle, need 6.0 truck program, is my strategy OK?

Hello all,

I'm putting a L92/6L80E into a landcruiser including the BCM for cruise/TUTD/tow-haul. I planned on having the BCM flashed to include the "UF3" cc-switch adjustable fast idle RPO for winching/high electrical demands, but am reading that it requires ECM programming from a truck that had the option. Apparently no L92s did.

I see that the LY6 6.0 truck engine had VVT and no AFM like my L92, and was available with the UF3 RPO.

If so, flashing to the LY6 program and simply copying the L92 fuel/ignition/vvt tune should get me to a good starting point, correct? I'm not using HPTuners as much to get a ton of power as I am to have control, VATS/emissions delete, and be able to deal with any ECM weirdness coming from my swap.

Thanks for any insight
    Last edited by bloc; 04-02-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I have a few LY6/6L90E tunes here. 2008, 2010, and 2013 Suburbans. I doubt any of them have UF3. Sounds like a truck option but I will have to check into that in the morning.

Tuner in Training
    I'd appreciate it.

What year L92/ECM/BCM are you running?

I just checked all of them and none of them have the UF3 option. Sorry to get your hopes up. I would be happy to send you one with the closest year if you like....

Tuner in Training
    2008 Escalade

I'd appreciate anything you can give..

Never occurred to me that finding a UF3 RPO ECM program might be difficult.

What would be my method for finding one? Could I "pull" a flash from a truck that had the option? Or find a junkyard ECU that had the option and just tune that one?

There is a guy doing BCM tunes through EFILive now, and he mentions needing an ECM flash for this RPO. So I'm guessing they are out there, somewhere..