Thread: Is it worth tuning 2015 Malibu 2.5l eco-tec?

Tuner

Is it worth tuning 2015 Malibu 2.5l eco-tec?

Are there any gains to be had tuning a 2015 Malibu 2.5L? Is the tuning process the same as my gen 4 2010 Silverado? I had great results with my truck and was thinking about tuning the Malibu for more practice.if there isn't much to gain it wouldn't be worth possibly voiding my warranty.
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Tuner in Training
    I tweaked the wife's 2015 Terrain 2.4l with AWD. I bumped the Driver Demand table, torque management, and bumped timing +20 from 5,000 rpms on up. Throttle tip from stop or just off idle is brutal but the mid range is sort of flat.

Senior Tuner
    Is it possible to disable the auto stop feature on a '15 2.5L Malibu? We don't work on these but have a friend with one, and it drives her nuts. There weren't any files in the repository to check out that I could find.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by davez28 View Post
    Are there any gains to be had tuning a 2015 Malibu 2.5L? Is the tuning process the same as my gen 4 2010 Silverado? I had great results with my truck and was thinking about tuning the Malibu for more practice.if there isn't much to gain it wouldn't be worth possibly voiding my warranty.
    Probably not worth it but depends on your expectations. This is a NA engine so you're not going to gain much. I think loosening up the Torque Management will unlock torque potential like at lower rpms, but it is not going to increase maximum output. If you start running premium fuels only, you can probably reduce knock sensor sensitivity and try increasing timing, this is risky for a novice calibrator and if the user is clueless about what knock sounds like and what knock does to a piston it will cost you an engine.
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T