Thread: Air Conditioning problems at WOT and cruise

Potential Tuner

Air Conditioning problems at WOT and cruise

6.2 recently swapped in to a 2013 ecsb with a 4l60. I'm running into a couple of issues that I finally think is air conditioning related.

First issue
    I did a little testing this week. Earlier in the week, I tried to finalize my tune for my dyno day on Thursday, but I kept getting limp mode after approximately 4000 rpm. I checked the logs and nothing really stood out, figured maybe it was transmission related. I'd get a 0300 random misfire code and an 0909 ecu code. I couldn't figure it out so I got to the dyno the other day and put a stock 2010 tune on with a stock 4l60 tune. Before the first pull, I purposely turned the A/C off and got everything ready. Truck pulled great to 6000 rpm on all 4 pulls, so I figured it must have been something I messed up in the tune.

Today I was driving around (with A/C on) and decided to do a short 2nd gear pull and it died at 4000 rpm into limp mode again (same codes). Tonight I went back out and tested again. 1st pull was a/c on (see attached log 1) and it failed around 4k. 2nd and 3rd pulls were with a/c off and it pulled strong to around 5k (see attached log 2). So I definitely think it's a/c related (I took my a/c from my previous 4.8 and put it on to the 6.2 - might be a fail here).

2nd issue
    For the last week since the engine swap, the truck runs rough at cruise speeds around 60-80 mph (1800-2000 rpm). Feels like it's surging a bit, maybe slipping the tranny. Would randomly jump up 100-200 rpm for awhile and then bump back down to normal. Frustrating as hell because I trying a million different things to figure it out. So tonight I tested a highway run with a/c off and it felt perfect. Hit the off ramp and came back with the a/c on and stupid surging crap was happening again. Turned it off and it seemed normal (just put a set of bilstein 5100's on the rear so I can feel pretty much everything which kind of makes it difficult to tell).

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Did I put the wrong a/c compressor on the 6.2?

Attached is the tune, both wot and highway logs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As a side note, truck did 347 hp to the wheels at 5550 rpm on the dyno.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Just something to try - open up a 2010 SS camaro or regular camaro file with auto using the 6.2l... Copy all of the engine torque AC settings out of it and try it... Sounds like it's cutting and adding torque for the AC compressor incorrectly... Not sure on the REP during pulls - make sure you have the AC setup to disengage during wot runs in the tune - honestly didn't check that part while I was looking...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC