Thread: PE Throttle / Pedal HOT

Potential Tuner

PE Throttle / Pedal HOT

I was going to do some scanning yesterday and when I went to write down the numbers in this table I noticed they were all at 87 and shaded yellow. I downloaded a tune from the repository and it also showed 87 in this area and was shaded yellow. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Tuner
    That simply means that at all RPM points, 87% is the TPS percentage required to use the PE/WOT fueling tables. It's a fairly reasonable number for the ECU to decide "I'm at wide open throttle".

What value(s) are you expecting to see in there?
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

Potential Tuner
    I don't know what values would be in there. I thought they might lower at lower RPM's and higher at higher RPM's. I guess that's why every other file I've looked at has the exact same numbers. Be it a CTSV or A Cobalt. Just thought I may have over wrote the file by mistake.

Tuner
    I wouldnt think you overwrote it by mistake. The various other ECMs ive worked with usually considered WOT to start at 85-90%. The one platform Ive seen so far with values outside that range is a C6 Z06 corvette. It will swtich to PE tables as low as ~25% tps (assuming all the other PE mode criteria is met as well) in some RPM ranges. To be fair however, Z06 aside, all of my tuning experience in the last 15 years has been on boosted small displacment stuff (2.0-3.0L) with aftermarket EMSs. That said, you may find that getting into PE mode sooner will give you more power down low/under the curve.
    Last edited by sillycon; 03-29-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lil kid View Post
    I don't know what values would be in there. I thought they might lower at lower RPM's and higher at higher RPM's. I guess that's why every other file I've looked at has the exact same numbers. Be it a CTSV or A Cobalt. Just thought I may have over wrote the file by mistake.
    Files I look at have low numbers in them.. You also need to ad "PE TPS" if you have it to channels in the scanner... this is the PID that matches the PE Throttle table. Some OS dont have it in scanner.

For example a stock 2010 Camaro LS3 and most vettes and such also have similar values.. 30%. This is the ECM 12420 PE Throttle/Pedal table.

2009 Cobalt SSTC E69 doesnt have the table, I think they are Torque based
    2009 ZR1: 12-19%
    2010 Camarl LS3: 30%
    2013 ZL1: 12-19%
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires