Thread: Adding flex fuel sensor 2010 silverado

Tuner

Adding flex fuel sensor 2010 silverado

My truck is using the virtual sensor. It seems to be working ok but I want the actual sensor. I ordered the sensor and everything to plum it in before the fuel rail.also ordered the plug and what I will need to add a pin to the ecm Molex plug..there are 2 plugs on the ecm.which one do I use and it is pin 40 right? Where is the best place to grab 12v from and does it have to be switched 12v
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Senior Tuner
    i used a 12v ignition (that stays on durin cranking) for power and then tapped into the thick earth wire to the ecu so no interference, same connector as the earth is in E38 ecu my pic below with signal in sticking out and other with earth tapped in

Tuner
    Thanks for the picks! I'll be digging into it next week. I assume it will be obvious which plug it is? There is an upper and a lower one on my ecu

Senior Tuner
    can't remember which plug of hand but just look for the one with the earth wire in it, then i just looked at a tune file with it from factory to see what needs changing there's some dtc's to set and flex test to enable and the usual tables

Tuner
    Can you put a link to the sensor that you purchased?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_boii View Post
    Can you put a link to the sensor that you purchased?
    http://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php...l=1#post524941

This is where I got all the part numbers and I ordered everything from Summit Racing.
    2010 silverado 6.2 ,Doug Thorley try-y headers, cats deleted ,spectra air cold air, lifted with 33's,tsp vvt 1.2 cam hp tuners

Tuner
    Got mine done and it works great. The virtual sensor drove me crazy.