Thread: how do i calibrate the maf W/ a wideband??

how do i calibrate the maf W/ a wideband??

like the title says^^^?????
    TSP H/C 430WHP

basically you do it the same way as teh VE...
    do your VE first..when you get it close enough for your tastes..then re-enable the MAF and do teh same thing....AFR error% and plot it vs teh MAF table..
    there should be a histogram already setup for MAF..just need to open it...and double check to make sure its set up for AFR error...
    then drive and log and copy and poaste special multiply by % - half..just like VE...
    rinse lather repeat...
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    basically you do it the same way as teh VE...
    do your VE first..when you get it close enough for your tastes..then re-enable the MAF and do teh same thing....AFR error% and plot it vs teh MAF table..
    there should be a histogram already setup for MAF..just need to open it...and double check to make sure its set up for AFR error...
    then drive and log and copy and poaste special multiply by % - half..just like VE...
    rinse lather repeat...
    so set the fail freq. back to 13500hz, and the DTC's back to mill on second, running back in open loop, and just drive and adjust according to the hist.????
    TSP H/C 430WHP

yup..its that simple
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    yup..its that simple
    i thoght that if i set the codes and fail freq. back to norm, the airflow is calculated by a mix of the MAF and VE??? when i SD ur in open loop all the time right?? and when in stock config. ur in closed loop right? i thought VE is just used as a back up in case the MAF fails?

i thought that u just run in SD but log maf/hz and maf/gl airflow, and open up the hist. for the MAF vs. AFR error and scale the table by the (mult. by percent) option in the editor?

do i have to calibrate the MAF agian when i do a cam swap? im doing one in bout 2 weeks??
    TSP H/C 430WHP

well..you do it after VE..and you have to have your VE done competely before you go to MAF...
    it is a blend of teh 2 when in MAF mode..but you still just do AFR error just like VE...
    dont rescale by a % or it WILL come out wrong on some plcaes...
    just do a multiply by % - half
    ..and as you get it real close you might do half of that amount to fine tune it
    -Scott -