Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User Defined Parameter

User Defined Parameter

Can we get a bit of an explanation on what this is? Is it global add-on for all OS's or is this a per tune add on?
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Beat me to it.... See: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ned-Parameters

The $99.99 feature is a global unlock for all controllers that support User Defined Parameters

Awesome!
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I paid the $99 and I inputted the app key and I'm still getting definition failed to load error... does this only work on Chrysler apps or also gm?
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rynez06 View Post
    I paid the $99 and I inputted the app key and I'm still getting definition failed to load error... does this only work on Chrysler apps or also gm?
    The feature works on most controllers for GM, Ford, and Dodge. If you are getting the definition failed to load error like you see here:
    DefFailedToLoad.PNG

You still need to email the file and VCM Suite Infolog to support so we can support for the operating system in VCM Editor. Once the operating system is supported, then you can use the User Defined Parameters feature to add other parameters that you may need.

So we need to do an info log and send that along with the tune in to have support added? I also tried adding a few parameters with no luck.

What if we don't have the car in front of us? Infolog of just the cable data good enough?
    ShorTuning

Will it work for the slave OS on GM?

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    So we need to do an info log and send that along with the tune in to have support added? I also tried adding a few parameters with no luck.

What if we don't have the car in front of us? Infolog of just the cable data good enough?
    Let me clarify. To be able to use the user definition feature, you must first open an .HPT tune file in VCM Editor. When that .HPT file opens, it must open without a checksum error or a definition failed to load error. IF you receive a Checksum error and/or a Definition Failed to Load error when trying to open the .HPT file then you will not be able to import user defined parameters until the issue gets resolved.

If the HPT file opens just fine in VCM Editor and you can see all of the parameters that we have defined already for that file, THEN you can go to User Defined Parameters and import your XDF files.

Now how do you save a file as .bin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    The feature works on most controllers for GM, Ford, and Dodge. If you are getting the definition failed to load error like you see here:
    DefFailedToLoad.PNG

You still need to email the file and VCM Suite Infolog to support so we can support for the operating system in VCM Editor. Once the operating system is supported, then you can use the User Defined Parameters feature to add other parameters that you may need.
    everytime I open the software I get this error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by yellz06 View Post
    Not at this time.

Sooooo when will some A2Ls get posted?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Do mods get a uh... free trial?

Asking for a friend

Tuner in Training
    Can we have something similar to add logging parameters to the scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    Now how do you save a file as .bin?
    Curious as well. Is this something we're responsible for on our own or will support help us in obtaining a .bin version of a strategy we want to work on? Ford application by the way.

So how do you develop these new parameters

I am not afraid to admit I am a novice when it comes to burrowing any deeper than the provided parameter cells/tables. How does one find the magic decoder ring to determine what treasures are left uncovered beyond the current HP Tuners Editor. Do you have to have the actual executable PCM code to dissect further? I also understand this doesn't allow you to write new code so it is just open to new tables that will help.

If there is an "Admission charge" or an initiation to the club, what is it? If not, how does one go about using this new feature. Is it possible to search for hidden tables?

Thank you for your patience and time......

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Will the User Definition feature allow us to create an ignition timing vs MAP table for GM operating systems?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Curious as well. Is this something we're responsible for on our own or will support help us in obtaining a .bin version of a strategy we want to work on? Ford application by the way.
    You don't need a bin file for any of it, you can enter the address information into tunerpro without a file open.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

You have to either know somebody or pay somebody for information. It's mostly A2L files that you need.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!