Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Tuning Multiple VE tables

Advanced Tuner
    Ill be tuning my buddies 07 I5 colorado this weekend , he mainly looking to improve his fuel economy. Its not a race vehicle.

Whats the best way to modify the VE table? THe v4 bluecat software ? or is that old new and not needed anymore with the new HP tuners version ?

Advanced Tuner
    Also I notice some just set the MAF enable early , but that seems like cheating to me . I'd like to do it the proper way

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    If you raise the maf enable you can tune all the ve and then go back and fix the maf for the proper ve requirement.

Hpt using trims should be a copy and paste special operation if you set the scanner histogram up properly

Advanced Tuner
    So I'll be able to setup ve x AFr error and ve x stft histo for each of the 5 ve tables , pretty much same way I'd set for a ls2 or ls2 but I have to do it 5 times .

anything that says DOD is for displacement on demand
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-27-2015 at 10:15 AM.

I don't have VVT so I don't tune for the cams being phased, but which tables do you need to tune? Is it the VE Reversion tables in the "General" tab of airflow?

Advanced Tuner
    Boy these 5 VE tables look stange, lots of peaks and very jagged.

Would it be beneficial to smooth these ? or just correct from the histogram and leave the peaks and etc

Potential Tuner
    quick question - trying to figure this all out as I'm new to tuning. Does commanding open loop in the scanner vcm controls do the same as commanding the maf fail to 0?

Advanced Tuner
    :bump:

no.
    open and closed loop refers to the use of oxygen sensors. open = no 02 usage closed = 02 used.
    maf is a metering device and to prevent its use it is either removed from the system by removing its signal wire from the harness connector and letting the codes pop up or by setting the maf hz fail for p0101 to 0 hz so as soon as the engine comes on it would fail the p0101 test. (if you set maf hz test to 0hz you must change your p0101 code to dtc on first fault.)
    the reason you dont unplug the maf harness is because the factory units contain an IAT sensor and the newer ecus consider that information as critical info. Removing just the signal wire is enough to disable the maf mechanically.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

You can also use scanner to force open or closed loop

Yes that was mentioned in post 108 above
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman