Thread: Help Please! Higih negative guel trims -35

Help Please! Higih negative guel trims -35

01 camaro ss 408 with tfs245s, 244/248 cam , fast 102/102, 100mm maf, 58 lb injectors by infinity, just cant tune this car maybe something is going on with it i dont know,i checked for vaccum leaks

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune and a log and you'll be more likely to get help.

tune and logs

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Post the tune and a log and you'll be more likely to get help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My guess is that VE table, looking at the 3d graph it's not some huge spikes and valleys in it. Those need to be smoothed out.

I see the wideband isn't reading in the log, you can use that to make an AFR error to help you tune the VE better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My guess is that VE table, looking at the 3d graph it's not some huge spikes and valleys in it. Those need to be smoothed out.

I see the wideband isn't reading in the log, you can use that to make an AFR error to help you tune the VE better.

Advanced Tuner
    Take the spikes out of that VE table to begin with, as 5FDP says...

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Banned
    If it was me, I'd set my/your MAF Freq.Fail to 13,500Hz (or whatever it should be for a 408ci with 100mm t/b), ignore the VE table (because it doesn't do sh*t when you have a MAF), disable LTFT (because it's a joke), make a "STFT vs MAF" graph in "Graphs" and get the high negative numbers to 0 (or -1) by lowering the MAF numbers in MAF Calibration Airflow vs Frequency.

Your MAF curve is as bad as your VE.. and it's all about the MAF, not the VE, as everyone on this forum makes out.

Fuel trims

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    If it was me, I'd set my/your MAF Freq.Fail to 13,500Hz (or whatever it should be for a 408ci with 100mm t/b), ignore the VE table (because it doesn't do sh*t when you have a MAF), disable LTFT (because it's a joke), make a "STFT vs MAF" graph in "Graphs" and get the high negative numbers to 0 (or -1) by lowering the MAF numbers in MAF Calibration Airflow vs Frequency.thanks i will try that

Your MAF curve is as bad as your VE.. and it's all about the MAF, not the VE, as everyone on this forum makes out.

Thanks i will try that

Advanced Tuner
    Well that ve table does do shit like help account for all transient fueling. regardless of it being set to maf only. I would say do it once and do it right. set it up for a maf only, tune it to your liking then setup speed density to tune the ve table correctly. Also I wouldn't say ltft is a joke by any means sometimes when iat gets heat soaked those ltft keep you from running lean at wot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Well that ve table does do shit like help account for all transient fueling. regardless of it being set to maf only. I would say do it once and do it right. set it up for a maf only, tune it to your liking then setup speed density to tune the ve table correctly. Also I wouldn't say ltft is a joke by any means sometimes when iat gets heat soaked those ltft keep you from running lean at wot.
    He can worry about that BS (VE table + LTFT) (or not) after he adjusts his MAF / does what I suggested and gets his engine running right. The way I suggested (MAF and STFT) will take him 30 minutes to get his engine running right (if he doesn't have other problems with his engine). The VE and LTFT + STFT BS way will probably take him days/weeks and give him a lot of headaches. It gave me headaches and wasted a lot of my time + many others here.
    I was going to adjust my MAF (by increasing the MAF curve by 2%) (as my intake system is bigger than stock) when I first/finally got my HPT and the (dumbass and ignorant) "experts" here basically told me I was stupid, didn't know what I was doing... Well I was right all along and they were wrong. As soon as I started playing with the MAF, I saw instant/positive changes.
    Mess up your VE table then go for a drive and I'm sure you won't even notice the difference.
    Mess up your MAF curve and go for a "drive".. and it won't even idle.

So Camarovon, what's news?

Advanced Tuner
    ^^ Its funny that you say that, I also had noticed that despite the many many comments here (and in every guide I ever saw) about VE tables, the MAF (assuming you have one!) is clearly more important, and in fact in general the thing runs better with just a MAF than it does with just the VE table, no matter how much tweaking I do! The 2 together are better than 1 however. The VE just picks up the transients and sudden changes at lower rpms that the MAF wont 'see' very well I believe...

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Banned
    Amen.

MAF tuning > VE tuning