Thread: 2004 GTO converted to 1Bar Enhanced MAF with RTT... Questions.

Tuner in Training

2004 GTO converted to 1Bar Enhanced MAF with RTT... Questions.

Hey all,

I just took on a 2004 GTO that needs some work after the previous tuner left a mess of a "tune" in place.

The previous "tuner" converted to 1Bar Enhanced OS... Simply for the RTT I guess.

I myself have no interest in the RTT... but will use it if I have to.

My questions though...

1) Is it possible for me to license and edit this thing at all with the Custom OS? Or is it locked to the previous cable?

2) If I can license it... Am I going to have to buy the 1Bar OS upgrade myself as well before I can edit?

3) Is there any way I can convert back to the standard OS at all? Since I do not have access to the original file I'm thinking I'm SOL.

I appreciate any input I can get.

First time I've had to deal with trying to "clean" one up that's been converted to custom OS.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ZMBKLN; 03-01-2017 at 07:43 PM.

If you don't have the stock file, you can't go back. I do not think anything will be in the change history log because you didn't upgrade it yourself and have the other files handy.

You'd have to read the file to see if it tuner locked, if not you can still tune it for 2 credits. Also upgrading to 1/2/3 BAR OS is now free for everything but because it's already upgraded you can't do anything with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    First... Thanks for the reply!

Yeah... I've read the file, and it's not "Tuner" Locked...

It's just got the 1 Bar Enhanced OS Flashed...

I'll attach the file so you can see what I'm working with... (I haven't even looked past the amazingly epic VE table on this thing...) 224irst_Read.hpt

But... Just so I'm clear... I CAN license it... And I can Edit it... I'll just have to edit on the Custom OS?

Correct, you will just be editing the already upgraded OS file.

Timing tables look fantastic too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you much! You've been very helpful.

And yeah... I'm scared to look at anything else at the moment! Definitely gonna be one of those where I start from as close to a stock file as possible. LOL
    Last edited by ZMBKLN; 03-02-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Can't you just download a stock file and start from there?

Advanced Tuner
    The only problem with that is that you have to use more credits to license that file. It really is the better way to go if you evr plan on upgrading to a different OS as you need a stock one to upgrade...

Advanced Tuner
    What state is this car in?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gottogo View Post
    Can't you just download a stock file and start from there?
    "Ish". You can always "compare" the 2 files, and copy over all the factory settings from a known factory calibration... But in a case like this, I'd be much more comfortable taking the car to a GM dealer and having a completely clean factory reflash done first... BUT... See below reply to Mark...

Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    The only problem with that is that you have to use more credits to license that file. It really is the better way to go if you evr plan on upgrading to a different OS as you need a stock one to upgrade...
    Right... But I don't have access to the copy of this vehicles stock OS... And since it's already been upgraded to 1Bar... I'm apparently stuck on that OS unless I want to pay for a new PCM with a factory flash.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    What state is this car in?
    Not sure why that's relevant... But Missouri.