Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need advice on tune and MAF tables

I emailed them so they know. I could have easily made one myself but for the price of getting GM pigtails it would probly be more than the Warr one. So I went with that. Shit had me chasing my tail for weeks. Now that I got it figured out and running really good ive been out tuning the MAF. Its all coming together

Quick question. I built a MAF frequency to LTFT/STFT math histogram to log and copy and special paste multiply by % to my MAF table. How long should I drive it between stopping and multiplying in those numbers? They only go up and down a % or two each time. ive done 5 runs. And what should i set the cell hit required number at?

Advanced Tuner
    I usually go with 20 hits/cell, but others might say more, I've seen people say 60 but... And I don't think I ever do anything but paste 50% Other point is the overrun/dfco, it messes up the lower end, better to filter out as much as possible...

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Should I disable power enrichment too?

Advanced Tuner
    A lot of the guides say yes, but I've never been clear WHY, lol. After all, the commanded AFR goes to 12.6 (e.g.) and you are just looking to see that it does indeed go there, or at least near, I'd be happy if anyone corrected me, but it doesn't seem to be too important to me..

Hard part is getting any sensible values at high load/rpm/throttle openings, unless you live in a very empty, unpoliced country... heh.

kr D.

EDIT: BTW the thing with many of the guides is, although written with best motives, very often they were written for a different vehicle, and the various ECU variants, plus manual vs. auto, plus car vs. truck, all adds up to a lot of things to take into account, usually NOT mentioned in guides!
    Last edited by dermotw; 03-11-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

I thought fuel trim was disabled during power enrichment though

Advanced Tuner
    Yes Fuel trims are disabled during PE positive long term trims will carry over into PE mode. Don't disable power enrichment just raise your throttle position PE enable % to like 75% surely you won't be getting into the throttle that much to tune part throttle.