Thread: Throttle Issue

Throttle Issue

The truck pedal does not work sometimes when taking off in first gear. When you try to take off, the pedal does not work, you can press it to the floor and the truck will not move, no rev, no changes in fuel trims, no DTC codes are thrown either. It acts like it lost communication with the tb. Stock gm dbw tb.

Swapped the pedal and tb and it did it worst.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by STR8BALLN; 02-11-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Any codes??
    Be sure that the codes for the ETC are not set to CEL off,Do not report,etc.
    Check pin terminals on the APP,TAC,TB for loose terminals.
    Also the TB connector wires break in the harness.
    Check the TPS readings with a scanner to verify that the desired and actual TPS % should match or be very close.
    The voltages should also match or be very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Earwax View Post
    Any codes??
    Be sure that the codes for the ETC are not set to CEL off,Do not report,etc.
    Check pin terminals on the APP,TAC,TB for loose terminals.
    Also the TB connector wires break in the harness.
    Check the TPS readings with a scanner to verify that the desired and actual TPS % should match or be very close.
    The voltages should also match or be very close.
    No DTC codes

I've been having a royal pia with this exact symtom. Its p0606. Clear it, get pedal back, rev it up.. it dead pedals.. . It wasn't throwing the DTC untill the 10th time i read and cleared dtc's in scanner. Maybe not the same problem you have.. but i found a tune close to my set up in the repository. Totaly runs like shit now but the pedal works flawlessly and no more p0606. Maybe try setting No reported for that DTC
    If you can't fix it with a Hammer, You have Electrical problems.

Tuning Addict
    This usually happens when you mess with the electronic throttle / desired throttle / driver demand maps... Even if all you do is change the axis a little - it can really tick it off...

Even if you set the dtc to not set it will still kill the engine... It's a safety of all safeties...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I left the (electronic throttle / desired throttle / driver demand maps...) all stock.

The crazy thing is it does not do it all the time. It went 7 days without doing it, then it started doing it again. And it occurs at very light throttle. I mean barely moving. Very slow throttle. For example, started the truck, moved from the parking space in the parking lot and then loss the pedal while in the parking lot moving at less than 5mph.

Now if you go WOT or get aggressive with the throttle, it does not occur, only at low speeds.

I noticed under torque management, the etc limit was left enabled. If the etc limit was left enabled could this cause the loss of pedal?

I don't think you have a tune issue STR8BALLN.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    This usually happens when you mess with the electronic throttle / desired throttle / driver demand maps... Even if all you do is change the axis a little - it can really tick it off...

Even if you set the dtc to not set it will still kill the engine... It's a safety of all safeties...
    Thankyou!
    If you can't fix it with a Hammer, You have Electrical problems.

Sounds like a wiring issue. In swaps I have seen this happen is a ground is loose.

The ETC Torque Management table counts as a throttle table even though it is not in the Electronic Throttle tab. I could make this all 100 on a GenIII but on a GenIV it kills the relationship between the pedal and throttle.