Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predicted Engine Torque Source = Trans?

Predicted Engine Torque Source = Trans?

I'm working on a 2016 Z06 (M7) with Halltech and headers. Peak TQ/DD/VTQ tables are stock at the moment. VVE and MAF are dialed in. What I'm seeing is the Predicted Engine Torque Source start as Axle but then switching to Trans through the mid range then back to Axle at the upper end. It does close the throttle a bit between 4K and 5K but I'm not sure the two events are corollated. It can change source to Trans and still not limit.

What limiter is causing it to switch to Trans? Unless I've been staring at this too long I can't seem to find anything in the tune that would prevent this PID changing state. Is there a hard coded limit we don't have visibility too?

Thanks,
    Tim

There is a limiter table missing in HP Tuners. I had to use EFI Live to correct it.

Tim

if you tell HPT which table it is they will add it. I know everyone else will greatly appreciate it if you do. Can you post the table ID or name?

Advanced Tuner
    I am very curious to know what this table is myself.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Ditto......

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

There is a table that limits torque for each gear on the M7. This resides in the ECM. This is the table that was causing the Trans source for Predicted Engine Torque. It is missing for this particular OS in HP Tuners. Once that table is adjusted accordingly getting the Peak Torque and other torque related tables dialed in is then possible. No throttle limiting and full boost!

Without this table you would be forced to play a bunch of games to keep the ECM thinking it is under the limits.

Tim
    Last edited by EFI Tuning; 02-12-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Can you post a screen shot of it in EFI Live or something that shows the table ID?

I know Howard Tanner has been saying for a long time there are lots of tables we don't see (hopefully, just don't see "yet") that we need.....maybe this is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of it in EFI Live or something that shows the table ID?

I know Howard Tanner has been saying for a long time there are lots of tables we don't see (hopefully, just don't see "yet") that we need.....maybe this is another one.

Capture.PNG

I've emailed the link to your post to support.

Tuner
    Everyone should do the same to expedite the update. And if there is anymore tables or parameters that should be known, bringing it up. No reason to with hold. Is it for all DI motors with this issue????

EFI Tuning, please email the hpt file to support @ hptuners.com and reference this thread, thanks!

They have all of the info at this point. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to provide an update.

Tim

Advanced Tuner
    There is a table similar to this in the A8 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

If you only knew..... there are close to 8500 parameters in these controllers. The E92 is very powerful and is capable in doing everything you can image. Unfortunately the web is quite vast. GM develops the logic with "rings" which all interconnect.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

HP Tuners has added the missing table for the OS I supplied. If you have a different OS or vehicle you need this table for PLEASE send the info to [email protected].

Tim

Advanced Tuner
    Was it added to the public release or to Beta?

What is the table # when they added it? Tends to make it easier to add if people can reference that specifically

ECM 12820 is the table number.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to revive a few month old thread but I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting Predicted-Engine-Torque-Source-Axle when it's shifting WOT from 3rd to 4th. It pulls out all timing. Vehicle is a 2017 twin turbo Silverado.

All Tq limits are set to the max under Engine torque management and driver demand is set at 800 across the bottom 2 rows under map A.

a quick way around this is take your minimum spark table and zero it all out. That or got to the shift points and what ever your max timing is leave a buffer for it and set it as such. So if total timing is 14 and shifting at 6000 rpm take those cells and put 8 degrees in them all. I have no control on my trans tm on my v sport and seen this on camaro 2.0t also where pulls timing on the shifts and sometimes it is random where get a bunch that have no timing pulled then get some lazy shifts and see was pulling timing. So if min is set at say 8 then thats the last over all value it can pull down too but think this is if sees kr also so why I build a buffer into it. On the camaro and my v sport it wakes up the shift feel too. I am getting faster and firmer shifts on the caddy this way and boost isnt falling off on shifts either.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150