Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Injection Timing Assistance Requested

Tuning Addict
    I made a minor change to the graphs Scott - just to make them fit the smaller screens better
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Dumb question time.

Does anyone know if the values in the table "Offset vs Pressure Delta vs IGNV" (12308) are interpolated between voltages if you're in between? For instance would you get the average between the values for 14-15 if your voltage on a run was 14.5 or should it be rounded down (or up) to the next whole number? It doesn't make a great difference in the offset value, just want to see what the consensus may be about it.

Interpolate

Advanced Tuner
    That's what I was doing just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I made a minor change to the graphs Scott - just to make them fit the smaller screens better
    FYI the other way to do this is to use the ZOOM function at the bottom of the page in Excel. It gets saved with your sheet and does not require individual editing.

Shrink Graphs, make Doc page other minor updates

I built something that will interpolate offset & short pulse adder based on voltage and MAP and PW but not sure there's a simple enough way to implement it into this sheet

Tuner
    Just started following this thread. LOTS of goodness so far. Thanks to all for doing this! I can't wait to try these injection timing schemes on my car.

Tuning Addict
    Made another ever so slight change Scott, just to try and clean up the looks a touch...

I was wondering if there was a way to have it to where all we needed to do was to copy some of these tables straight out of the tune instead of going to the tune and selecting individual cells such as the rpm tables? Anyway, was just wondering...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Great work guys, lots of good info in here!

Probably dumb question though, what does "FRC" stand for? I didnt see that defined explicitly anywhere.

Tuning Addict
    Fuel to Reach Chamber or Cylinder? It was one of those...

~Greg Huggins~

Fixed graph formats, data series colors now uniform in all graphs. To fit to fit to screen use Excel scaling

Made another ever so slight change Scott, just to try and clean up the looks a touch...

I was wondering if there was a way to have it to where all we needed to do was to copy some of these tables straight out of the tune instead of going to the tune and selecting individual cells such as the rpm tables? Anyway, was just wondering...
    I need to know which items you are talking about that cannot be copied.

Tuning Addict
    I don't like using the excel scaling because it shrinks all of the letters, numbers and words at the same time - those of us with small monitors already can have issues seeing things, so I just like to make the graphs fit things as they should right when you open it up...

What you did with the table page is perfect - this is the perfect scaling at 90% and all you have to do is scroll the page up and down to see everything - this is much better than having to scroll the page side to side like it is on the input page - that was why I moved the graphic below everything on that page The numbers on the input page scaled to 80% start to get a little on the small side - guess I do need to go get my eyes rechecked and get some new glasses - don't like having to squint my eyes to see everything then if I rescale to the better 90% size the graphic is gone again - I really like having it below

Something I noticed on the graphs page and is why I never butted them up together like this - If the injection timing gets to the point that its going around the "wheel" so to speak or in other words back before TDC compression stroke or 720 degrees - the graphs were self extended... With them like this - all of the soi's are gone all together... If we do it like this - which I actually like more - Is it possible to have the soi come back around and show up on the other end of the graphs?

As far as the last comment - the rpm table is broken up to finer rpm intervals - is it possible to just copy and paste this in and the table only reference the rpm points it needs to from it? OR even reference or use the whole thing?

We're also still missing Makeup RPM from the inputs table unless I've really gone blind

Thank You Scott

~Greg Huggins~

I don't like using the excel scaling because it shrinks all of the letters, numbers and words at the same time - those of us with small monitors already can have issues seeing things, so I just like to make the graphs fit things as they should right when you open it up...

What you did with the table page is perfect - this is the perfect scaling at 90% and all you have to do is scroll the page up and down to see everything - this is much better than having to scroll the page side to side like it is on the input page - that was why I moved the graphic below everything on that page The numbers on the input page scaled to 80% start to get a little on the small side - guess I do need to go get my eyes rechecked and get some new glasses - don't like having to squint my eyes to see everything then if I rescale to the better 90% size the graphic is gone again - I really like having it below

Something I noticed on the graphs page and is why I never butted them up together like this - If the injection timing gets to the point that its going around the "wheel" so to speak or in other words back before TDC compression stroke or 720 degrees - the graphs were self extended... With them like this - all of the soi's are gone all together... If we do it like this - which I actually like more - Is it possible to have the soi come back around and show up on the other end of the graphs?

As far as the last comment - the rpm table is broken up to finer rpm intervals - is it possible to just copy and paste this in and the table only reference the rpm points it needs to from it? OR even reference or use the whole thing?

We're also still missing Makeup RPM from the inputs table unless I've really gone blind

Thank You Scott
    Maybe this helps. Trying to get rid of scrolling in input. Ver 12 has the graph wrap.
    Last edited by jsllc; 02-25-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Like it Scott - Like it a lot

Didn't even know it was possible to have the graphs SOI wrap around... The one graph on the table page needs to be 6 cells smaller height wise, but I can take care of that easy enough later on...

Think this one is very very close to the final if there's any way to add the makeup rpm and make it to where you can just copy and paste the rpm tables right out of the tunes?

Very nice...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    I made an attempt to implement the guidance offered in the spreadsheet but don't think the results were positive (the car is requiring more fuel at all rpms to reach stoich). Anyone care to take a look at what I have implemented and make suggestions?

The car is an 07 CTS V with and EForce blower, LSA heads, Pat G cam, headers, and currently implementing dual widebands (so the logs don't show the AFR/Lambda data). The attached excel file is what I have implemented. The log file represents the results. Fuel trims were primarily neutral before implementing the EOIT adjustments. I realize that it has been discussed that the VE and MAF will have to be retuned to implement the schemas recommended here but wouldn't the trend be for the fuel trims tend to be more negative if the combustion is more efficient? BTW I did add some timing hoping that the new EOIT would hold the advance but no such luck so ignore the knock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    I made an attempt to implement the guidance offered in the spreadsheet but don't think the results were positive (the car is requiring more fuel at all rpms to reach stoich). Anyone care to take a look at what I have implemented and make suggestions?

The car is an 07 CTS V with and EForce blower, LSA heads, Pat G cam, headers, and currently implementing dual widebands (so the logs don't show the AFR/Lambda data). The attached excel file is what I have implemented. The log file represents the results. Fuel trims were primarily neutral before implementing the EOIT adjustments. I realize that it has been discussed that the VE and MAF will have to be retuned to implement the schemas recommended here but wouldn't the trend be for the fuel trims tend to be more negative if the combustion is more efficient? BTW I did add some timing hoping that the new EOIT would hold the advance but no such luck so ignore the knock.
    You don't have any of your pulse width adders accounted for in the spreadsheet it seems, so the graphs won't be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post

How large are the injectors?
    What is max Boost?

The inj pulse widths seem to be off. Try this to start.
    Normal ECT (degrees) 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110
    MakeUp ECT (Degrees) 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    Boundary (degrees) 500.0 500.0 515.0 530.0 535.0 540.0 545.0 550.0 550.0 550.0 555.0 560.0 565.0 570.0 570.0 570.0 570.0
    Normal RPM (degrees) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Potential Tuner
    That spreadsheet is awesome! Excellent work. As a tuning noob, it really helps understanding what is going on and how the numbers impact what is really happening in the engine.

Can't wait for it to get warm enough to get the car back out to do some tuning runs.