Thread: 2015 Silverado

Potential Tuner

2015 Silverado

Hey all. Does anyone have a good tune that they use for power increases on a stock 2015 Silverado 5.3? Interested to see what changes you made to gain power. I've seen some great increases on stock trucks with just a tune. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    did you change the exhaust system atleast, these trucks are corked up big time. unless you do a highflow cat back why bother tuning it?

i would start with the jet 180 tstat , and lock open the muffler flapper door . turn it counter clockwise and run a bolt with fender washers to hold it open. and for the transmission remove the thermostat in the cooler line it overheats those clutch packs after 20 minutes driving hard

The factory 3in exhaust is not a restriction on a factory truck, sure the mufflers aren't the best on the mark for flow but it's not going to be a game changing swapping to a 3.5 exhaust or similar.

The GEN 5 trucks are nothing to laugh at with tuning, it's going to a take a long time to know the in's and out's of tuning those trucks. Doubtful that anyone will just give away a tune to you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    muffler has a warmup valve or backpressure valve that seriously resrtricts airflow, you can probably take it to muffler shop and have them cut it out for a start
    Last edited by flyingfool; 01-22-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    here is what I've done to my truck.. not all are performance related

Airraid Jr intake tube with a modified stock Air Box
    pacesetter long tube headers no cats and single cutout
    Catch Can forget what one
    E85 conversion
    Calvert Racing CalTracs
    McGaughy's 4.5-7 drop
    Tires 285/60R17 420TW
    Toyo Proxes ST II All-Season Radial Tire

[email protected] 1/4 E85

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The factory 3in exhaust is not a restriction on a factory truck, sure the mufflers aren't the best on the mark for flow but it's not going to be a game changing swapping to a 3.5 exhaust or similar.

The GEN 5 trucks are nothing to laugh at with tuning, it's going to a take a long time to know the in's and out's of tuning those trucks. Doubtful that anyone will just give away a tune to you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

I'm looking for one on my 2014 5.3 Silverado

I've tuned about 15 new DI trucks.... they tune much like the Gen 4 in many aspects, however key tables have to be changed due to the new logic

Tuner in Training
    can you elaborate more on this sir?

Tuner in Training
    Yes please elaborate more

I don't mind to give some info,.... but I'm not going to just give you a tune I've worked on for hours upon hours I developed???

This forum is to ask questions and learn... that I'll do...

Tuner in Training
    I could not learn anything if a tune was just given to me. I am new to tuning, I really don't have the slightest clue as to where I should start. Like what tabs should I focus

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I could not learn anything if a tune was just given to me. I am new to tuning, I really don't have the slightest clue as to where I should start. Like what tabs should I focus
    19 posts total.. guess he didnt focus too mcuh