Thread: Displaying OBDII data imported from Track Addict via CSV

Tuner

Displaying OBDII data imported from Track Addict via CSV

I'm using Track Addict v3.4.4 and Race Render v3.5.5 and transferred a session that had OBDII data logged. This data is displayed when I play the video in Track Addict but not when I create the video in Race Render.

The CSV file contains the data for engine rpm, gear position, throttle position, etc but the headers in the CSV stop after the Accel Z column.

For example, here is the header line
    Time Lap GPS_Update GPS_Delay Latitude Longitude Altitude (m) Altitude (ft) Speed (MPH) Heading Accuracy (m) Accel X Accel Y Accel Z

Here is the first data line
    0 0 1 0 26.6376078 -82.0393726 -21 -69 0 0 3 0 0.01 0 1 762.5 0 3.922 183.2 84.2

I'm suspecting I need to map these columns before importing into Race Render. I've tried searching but suspect I'm not using the correct terminology. If someone could shed some light here, I'd be most grateful.

When you bring your TrackAddict CSV data file into a RaceRender project, it should offer you a menu of data overlay templates to choose from, which will get you started easily by covering the common stuff (speed, tach, shift light, track map, g-force, throttle, etc). It will then take you to a simplified configuration screen where you can choose which display elements to show and things like speedometer and tachometer ranges and redline. Please note that the data template menu will only appear for the first data file that's in your project; to avoid complications, any additional data files within the same project will not show the menu. You can also change the template at any time by right-clicking on your data file within the "Input Files" list and selecting "Load Template".

If the data template menu doesn't appear for your first data file, or if it is blank or black, then the template files just may not have been installed correctly, which might happen with certain less common system configurations. That can be resolved by using the manual install package: http://RaceRender.com/RR3/RaceRender355.zip (see the "READ ME" text file inside for instructions; you basically just need to drag & drop these files into the right locations).

To add additional data channel displays beyond what's provided by the templates, click on the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, and you'll be taken to a menu where you can choose the display type (gauge, bar graph, time graph, text data, enhanced, etc), set the "Field" to the desired data channel name, and then choose the desired style. The Properties Box will then appear on the right and enable you to customize the display further.

When complete, you have the option of using the "Export" button on the display object's properties box to save your customizations as a style to be offered in the menu for your future projects, or to use "File" -> "Export Layout as Template" to save your layout as a template to be shown in the data template menu.

Tuner
    That was it, thanks for the assist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueGtYK7P0f0
    Last edited by FGCUhank; 02-07-2017 at 05:58 PM.