Thread: Invalid checksum

Advanced Tuner

Invalid checksum

I have a 0411 PCM that i cannot read/write due to an invalid checksum error. Is it trash? Or can i do anything with it? I believe the error is due to being tuned with another software, may or may not include a custom OS.

Tuner in Training
    This just happened to me too. Only got 2% into the read and "Invalid checksum" pops up. Probably has a tune locked on it, haven't found a solid answer yet though?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check module voltage /add it in your channels make sure its not below 12v
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Ive found that if you have the original tune file or a file you previously worked with for that ECM, you can flash that onto it and you should be able to read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    Ive found that if you have the original tune file or a file you previously worked with for that ECM, you can flash that onto it and you should be able to read it again.
    If you did a write entire with a different tune, but the same OS, would that work? I'm only curious because my dad's lml duramax did this, and hp tuners support said it needed to be reflashed by a dealer, didn't consider doing a write entire with another tune. Though, would that make you burn 4 credits?
    2000 K2500 - 489 CI Vortec w/ comp XE270 cam - 0411 swap and rear mount turbo
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax