Thread: Low speed bucking. too much timing? what do you think?

Tuner in Training

Low speed bucking. too much timing? what do you think?

99 trans am 6 speed, 233/239 cam with intake and full exhaust
    my channel layout speed density.Layout.xmlidle tuning layout.Channels.xmlmy SD tune! orginal working.hpt

if anyone could give it a quick look id appreciate it. thanks!

I think on any one given axis just about any value should increase as it trends towards peak output and then taper off. The purpose of tuning is to find out how steeply it should ramp up and if it should be a linear or non linear climb. It is almost unheard of that an axis of just about anything should go up and down and back up on its way to peak output. In fact this alone could cause an oscillation just trying to get to max power. When you put the gas pedal on the floor and your map goes to 105kpa your ignition timing should drop to a low number and then come up as the rpm comes up. Please read this carefully and go look at your main spark table and ve table in 3d view. Here is an example of a main spark table that follows what I have explained..

And an example of a ve table..

Aside from them being smooth we can see that any row or any colum on any axis pretty much trends in one direction and then tapers off. sure there are curves and places where it might want to ramp up faster or slower but you can look at these tables and just know that even if they are out a little bit, there is still going to be a certain smoothness to the way this engine runs just because of these tables. Try to correct your tables and smooth them. then log data and make adjustments and smooth it again. and keep repeating until you have something that looks like the above pictures and still fuels correctly. Also what is up with your base running airflow table? it is all zero'd out for p/n. Oh and you should go through this checklist. I noticed you are missing some stuff..

Advanced Tuner
    Autowiz: its a manual, as he said, T56.

ESP: It does not look too bad generally, VE a bit "lumpy"... : remember that you are probably using the idle spark table at low speeds, also, if you intended that the MAF was set off, (since MAF table looks unchanged) your DTCs are wrong, those first 3 would normally be fail on 1st error.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for all the good info guys. I always kind of figure my ve was a little lumpy. I'm going to try to straighten it out today.