Thread: Tuning the ve without a maf and only iat sensor how to

Wink Tuning the ve without a maf and only iat sensor how to

Can anyone shoot me some idea on how to tune my buick regal gs 3.8l junk supercharged it dosnt have a maf only a iat sensor

Being that they are a MAF based computer and use the MAF for fueling calculations, you can only tune the VE so much.

The stock VE ends at 140kpa so you don't have much room. You can create an AFR error to tune in speed density and use it to correct or create the VE to a certain point. A wideband is a must here.

Past that you really want the MAF sensor.

I never tuned the VE on my personal grand prix, didn't feel the need too though I never swapped cams.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

oh I know my buick is a beast but the ve table is choppy not smooth like everyone says to make it umm... well I guess the next step is a wideband and to rebuild my supercharger only getting 3 lbs on my autometer boost gauge and ill probably replace the vacume actuator and boost control silinoid ty very mutch

On a LS car or similar a smooth VE is always wanted.

Sort of the same in a 3800 but honestly not as important mainly because it's using the MAF like 95% of the time. If the MAF were the fail the VE is there just as the backup, I would never suggest to run it hard if the MAF failed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.