Thread: 2012 Audi R8 Support Please and Thank You

2012 Audi R8 Support Please and Thank You

Who's leg do I have to hump to get my twin turbo R8 V10 supported? Currently I have to take it to the tuner (Eurocharged) and he has to physically remove and open the ECU's to tune them with some sort of magic pixie dust.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 01-24-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

audis are touchy cars I don't care mutch for them but as most techs know audi bmw mini and rangerover vw are the same company just sayin hehee

or yah know haltec does support ecu for audi

Tuner in Training
    Audis are bench tuned most of the time regardless. Some people do it through OBD but it has the risk of bricking the ECU. HPTuners, while now supporting Mercedes, I doubt have any future en devours in Audi territory as there are already enough suites and hardware out there to choke a moose. Although, its not as pretty as hptuners, you need some real know how to tackle some Audi tables.

Tuner in Training
    I belive eurocharged is using Dimsport and it can be done through obd2 or so i thought

Yea, Jerry @ Eurocharged Houston is who's tuned it so far. The ECU needs to be removed and opened to use the Dimsport Trasdata to unlock OBD2 communication so Dimsport Genius can be used to make changes. So it seems unlikely a PNP stock ECU tuning solution is possible but you never know. Syvecs has a plug and play stand alone for the R8's and Gallardos but it's spendy.

Sent the info log in. I can scan it with HPT but I don't get a whole lot of info, more than I would have thought though.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 01-24-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Bill Winters

Yes, those ECU's must be JTAG'd to program. If you have a twin turbo it'd be best to let the installer alter the car. Underground Racing in Charlotte has the twin turbo Audi's and Lambo's pretty much figured out, maybe give them a ring.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience

Quote Originally Posted by boostbuick View Post
    audis are touchy cars I don't care mutch for them but as most techs know audi bmw mini and rangerover vw are the same company just sayin hehee
    Agree!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i mostly use APR for all VW/Audi
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Sharmz
    This ECU is MED 9.1 but is engine code BUJ or CMPA? I have tuned many v10 R8's but with twin turbos i imaging you already have a mapped ecu, or for a tune you will need a local tuner, or a remote tuner on team viewer with car on dyno. I can offer this service if you need it. this ecu can be tuned though OBD port so no need to remove it.

I don't know the engine code but I'm not aware of a port flashing method available for a 2012 V10 R8. VF Engineering can port flash gen 2 R8's and I believe gen 1 facelift V8 R8's but there is currently no port tuning solution available for 2012 R8 V10's.
    Bill Winters

Sharmz
    for sure u can read with any pro tuning tool though OBD, your probably reading outdated forum posts about people saying its not supported back when, but 100% i tune alot of these ME9/MED17 ecus though OBD, commercially DIY options like 1016 exist that does OBD for gen2 (med17)
    Last edited by Sharmz; 10-01-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Sure I can scan it with HPT as well as my wifi OBD2 dongle and OBD Fusion and see lots of things but can't make any changes. I still don't think or see any evidence that VFE or 1016 are doing port flashing for gen1's; Gen2/Hurican yes. Even if they did I'm really not interested in someone else's canned FI V10 tune, I'd like to be able to get into the tune and poke around similar to what I could do with the vette with HPT. The car runs great as it is. Only issue is it throws system too rich codes every now and then because the DI pump plungers were increased. I'd imagine artificially increasing the IFR, particularly in lower vacuum, would solve this but I don't know what kind of access my tuner has once he removes, opens and unlocks the PCM's to be able to tune.
    Bill Winters

Sharmz
    Get a open map pack from allcartuning or another winOLS partner, and you will have what you need to alter the tune yourself *if you do a bunch of reading first*. MED17 even with .kp file is not as simple as most of the HP applications, there is a lot of math to properly remap these ecus, and the VVT control is probably the most complicated of all MED types, if you can handle the remapping of that ECU, bench flashing the ecu will be no problem(if you don’t want to dive into things like bumping-attacks, side-channel attacks, fault injection, side-channel emission and other more engineer level techniques.

This ecu is not anything new to tuners, and certainly there are many places from Europe offering high quality maps and remote tune support, the definition/map-packs i learned from are not cheap, I offer multi map switching and adjustable 2 step launch control for any MED17 ecu, (my own assembly code) custom spark coding, every feature you can imagine. Nothing you will change what I know and do regularity I have spend 1000s of hours in IDA working on the Tc17xx processor type ecus, I know many ways to read over OBD

Ask euro charged for multi-map or adjustable launch control (this is how u can expose a lot of ME guys from the “caned tuners” or people who understand things at a deeper level, and can provide solutions not opinions, you can also contact these guys, i have sold many MED solutions to this garage, for the ecu your talking about.

https://www.facebook.com/germanexper...2845&pnref=lhc

and do a pull and datalog your PIDS lambda control,selected gear, afr desired, waste gate duty cycle, mass airflow, baro presure, engine speed, vehicle speed,boost pressure requested, boost pressure desired, actual boost pressure, timing angle overall, fuel injector on time, all the load PIDS, Knock voltages for all cyl, and ignition retard (the numbers might not make sense until you apply the offsets and make sense of it with units. but i have a beta datalogger viewer that reads almost al formats so send me what u have and i will try to spot the issue. also is the MED ecu controlling a boost solenoid or are you using a external boost controller? also i suggest you find a Med17 Funktionsrahmen for your PCM, german and french is probably all you will find, this document alone English translated is 200-500 euro so if your lucky enough to speak french or German you can get for free, you own a 900hp vette and r8 you can pay tho, or message me and we will work out a trade.

sample of another your not aware of what this document is
    http://files.s4wiki.com/docs/Audi_R4-5V_T_132kW_ME7.pdf
    Last edited by Sharmz; 10-01-2017 at 11:02 PM.