Thread: 6.0 and 5.3 flex fuel merge help needed

Tuner in Training

6.0 and 5.3 flex fuel merge help needed

Hello what I have is a 4l60e with up grades making it a 4l65e 2x4

I have a 06 6.0 l long block and the dbw tb and flexfuel injectors off of a 04 Tahoe l59 and wire harness also I also got the flex fuel sencer off the fuel line and I still have to get the computer some one got it before I did I found a computer and the guy says he can give it a stock tune by the vin number .

So is a 4l60e tune for a 2x4 the same as a 6l60e 4x4 tune ?

And will the 6.0 run fine off the 5.3 flex fuel tune ?

I'm going to buy a hp tuner pro to delete vats and possibly emissions things this is going into my 1938 Oldsmobile business coupe

thank you

Kelly

I answered your other thread about the tranmission.

And will the 6.0 run fine off the 5.3 flex fuel tune
    As for this, yes and no. Will it run, yeah but it's not right. If the 6.0 is bone stock, copy over stock 6.0 data into the 5.3 tune to make it run like it had a stock 6.0 in it. The 6.0 is going to have different fueling tables and different timings tables because it's a larger motor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Cool thank you I will go look sorry for duplicate posts

Look for a simmilar 5.3 tune on a junk yard car pull the pcm and buy it bam there u have the stock ecm for a 5.3l flexfuel also like 5fdp said u can take the 6.0l tune and change the engine size in hp tuners but need to also chainge the tables to match a smaller cid engine less fuel and timeing and such ect ect the flex fuel should have a table just for that flex fuel part also i do belive correct me if in wrong maby two fuel and spark tables for either fuel u are running it is new to me but a shot in the dark ok ttyl boostbuick

Tuner in Training
    boostbuick every time i get to the yards here someone has already taken the computers im lucky that last week they has this 04 tahoe l59 motor came in some one got the computer and mass air flow and tb before i got to it it was in the yard 2 days before i got to it.

im going to order a computer from psi that will be set up for my 6.0 and 4l65e and emissions and vats removed so when i get my hp tuner pro i will be able to learn to tune it .

im not sure if im going to run flex fuel yet here in washington state i havent seen flex fuel .. thank you kelly