Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injectors issues

Injectors issues

I m trying to input the data for some ID1000's but the IFR tables pegs at 63.5 for a E38. How do I get around this? I have been reading threads and seen 8 different ways.

What do I need to do to make it work?

Double stoich, half the IFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Go retune and thats it?

Senior Tuner
    yep the ID excel should have a option to scale 50% just add that in for flow rate and double stoich and the other data as normal then might just need a touch up

Ok fellas lets see if I got this right. Can you please take a look. I took the entire stoch AFR table and multiplied by 2.

I then scaled the ID1000's by 50%. But from 512 to 640 KPA its still pegged at 63.5 is this ok?

Is my stoich AFR table ok?

Do I need to scale my MAF table by 50% yes or no?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    that looks fine the flow rate will be well into boost before it maxes out so it's fine i don't think it even reads past 408kpa without the patch anyway, your maf and VE should be fine they may just need a little tweek if anything so just worth checking

One more thing, would my wideband change as I still use AFR? My commanded AFR and other AFR readings should be normal and not affected?

I also read in another thread they said the DIC or IVT would be off. What is DIC or IVT?

Don't forget to cut the IVT Terms>AFR Term in half as well. If you are replacing injectors in a setup that has ben tuned, then there should be very little airflow changes needed. You aren't changing the airflow values....

Your "calculated" IFR will be artificially cut in half as far as the PCM thinks, so you will have issues with the MPG calculations. Use the Fuel Density table to make adjustments to bring it back into reality.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 01-07-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    yes halve your ivt table its with all the inj data section also, also halve your DIC table its the fuel density under the stoich table, and yes your WB error will be out now but if u used lambda it will still be fine but for AFR u will have to do a maths thing to correct it for error because the comanded AFR is same as the stoich so it will be double now

My current IVT table is set to 1.00 for tunning. Should I set it back to stock then half it? Or half the 1.00?

Senior Tuner
    it should always be set to stock and now stock should be halved, if u have had it at 1.0 it will throw out all your fueling that uses ivt like transients

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    it should always be set to stock and now stock should be halved, if u have had it at 1.0 it will throw out all your fueling that uses ivt like transients
    Ok got it. Now my next thing is to figure out how to make this wideband read correctly. I went to the channel and clicked transform. Should I attack it that way? How will I get the commanded AFR to be lined up with afr error?

Senior Tuner
    if u can change your WB to read lambda and then use EQratio v lambda for the error, or u will have to use maths to halve it, i just use lambda myself then its correct all the time no matter the fuel ect

if u can change your WB to read lambda and then use EQratio v lambda for the error, or u will have to use maths to halve it, i just use lambda myself then its correct all the time no matter the fuel ect
    I don't think the AFX reads lamda unless I sent it out to be done. I could be wrong.

I just read some one said to set up a custom pid for (custom PID "True Commanded AFR" - Commanded AFR * .5) Not sure how to set this up in 3.2 channels? Since thay are called channels now vs pids.

Or should I set up a custom channel for: AFR commanded *.50= AFR commanded.

Then have the AFR error reference the custom channel?
    Last edited by STR8BALLN; 01-07-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Ok looks like I can change the settings so Lambda can be read.

Senior Tuner
    u should be able to do a transform to read lambda that just changes the volts to what ever u want to show in lambda, that's all i done with mine or there could be a option in there that suits if it's common

u should be able to do a transform to read lambda that just changes the volts to what ever u want to show in lambda, that's all i done with mine or there could be a option in there that suits if it's common
    Thanks for the help. I found it (volts / 10.417 + 0.62) I will test it tomorrow.

So now I need to have my EQratio commanded vs AFR error(which is now in lambda) ?

Tuner in Training
    yo4k.hpt

just installed ID1000 on mine. You can compare if you want.

08 ls3 vette. E38

Quote Originally Posted by russ472 View Post
    yo4k.hpt

just installed ID1000 on mine. You can compare if you want.

08 ls3 vette. E38
    Thank you