Thread: Boost cut off problem

Potential Tuner

Boost cut off problem

I have a 2005 Chevrolet 1500 with turbo 5.3. It runs great except when trying to build boost. No matter what rpm it is running when pressing the throttle far enough to command boost, it sounds like it hits a 2 step and rpm actually starts to fall. This only happens under load. It will free rev to the moon.
    No codes. Looking for a place to start troubleshooting. 2005 miss boost.hpl2005 Truck Base 11-10-16.hpl

spark or ignition problems do get worse under load... could that be a problem? Weak spark, bad plugs, wrong gap, coil problem, etc. I dont even see RPM in your log.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Post the tune.

Log needs more data, no rpm, no injectors, no tps, no coolant temp, no intake air temps. Fuel trims are going nuts, extremely negative most of the time.

You aren't even running a 2 bar map sensor so we can't even tell what boost psi you are at. I'd junk the MAF and run speed density only on a GEN 3 turbo setup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.