Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New e38 2 bar os ve seems very high

Tuning Addict
    Stock transient settings for that vehicle and only if needed multiply the higher map rows in those transient impact and evap tables for more fuel addition... If it's still going rich on deceleration and lean on tip in it usually means the manifold volume is still too small, BUT go back to the vehicles OE transient tables before making any more changes... Copying transients from other vehicles does weird stuff - I shouldn't have ever recommended that and apologize for doing it... I really believe that we are still missing a reference table or something else related to the transient tables as a whole - I noticed even lately that it you copy tables from another vehicle you can go up into the 20's on manifold volume on some applications and it still makes absolutely no difference until you go back to stock tables...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    You might try disabling your virtual flex fuel. or try loging what % it "thinks" you have. Mine was all over the place on the same tank wayld back before the blower was on. Your transient EVAP tables still look high compared to mine.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

I guess I explained it wrong. I had meant that being it is adding fuel to compensate I would rather it let it stay a little to the lean side on cruise and not make that correction. Just don't know which table is setting that it wants to see 14.4. That's where it seems to hover the most on my wideband. Seen a bunch calling for 1.00 but wasn't sure which one or the total of tables maybe makes up the end number it is looking for. Thanks
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85 View Post
    You might try disabling your virtual flex fuel. or try loging what % it "thinks" you have. Mine was all over the place on the same tank wayld back before the blower was on. Your transient EVAP tables still look high compared to mine.
    I had put the zl1 values in that one and why it was higher then yours I would assume. Didn't think about turning off the virtual flex as I have seen 10-18 percent show up in logs before and sure that makes it all over where I would assume other tables are set to do it? Like stoich has alc percent scale on it.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Stock transient settings for that vehicle and only if needed multiply the higher map rows in those transient impact and evap tables for more fuel addition... If it's still going rich on deceleration and lean on tip in it usually means the manifold volume is still too small, BUT go back to the vehicles OE transient tables before making any more changes... Copying transients from other vehicles does weird stuff - I shouldn't have ever recommended that and apologize for doing it... I really believe that we are still missing a reference table or something else related to the transient tables as a whole - I noticed even lately that it you copy tables from another vehicle you can go up into the 20's on manifold volume on some applications and it still makes absolutely no difference until you go back to stock tables...
    Hey no problem. If someone doesn't recommend it then I would be trying it eventually anyway. lol I will give that a shot for the morning drive in and see how it goes.

So when it is adding fuel isn't it seeing it lean in the area and opposite for rich? That's not an indication that the ve table is incorrect and the trims are then pulling it back in line to what it is wanting to see?

As for where I am now. I think the problem is injector response time. I have my transient up to 17 on manifold now and still has a lean problem at intital crack of throttle. Then it will go a little rich. It is that first crack of the throttle blade it shoots very lean. Then on the other side when it is first closed when I let off the the throttle it shoots rich then goes lean when coasting. So seeing this to me it is like the injectors are not acting fast enough for what air the engine is seeing. So I need to figure out which table and think I see it is under the injector area second row. Can't think of it now but has voltage and pressure then injector milliseconds in the main table I would assume I need to go up in these values to speed up what the injector is doing or the injector timing. If off base here someone please point me to the correct table as my manifold volume and stomp correction tables have helped some but not what I had hoped for this over all problem of the injector not acting quick enough. Or as I see it anyway by my over all problem.

Stupid ats threw a rod with wife driving it and why was off for a bit getting all that worked out. That car gone and now a cts vsport takes it place so another car to tune with great potential as we cannot leave anything alone. Lol

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed with the rectangle to cathedral adapters the injector spray pattern spray pattern is not ideal. On my setup it sprays the adapter wall/transition for the most part. So my assumption is that it his the wall and then gets sucked off that to the valve then to the cylinder, rather than being sprayed directly to the valve, if that makes sense. You might try changing your injector timing possibly. Ideal you would have it spray as the valve opens I would think. My cam is a little bigger than factory and might be why Im not having the same issues.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

I did check alignment on them and seemed to be pretty good with the set I chose to use. I can put an abnormal amount of adjustment to the ve table and make it go away but it also causes a rich point when cruising at the rpm then. I added more to stomp compensate and also helped. It is about gone but still seeing the very rich spike on the other side when throttle closes tells me the the injector isn't changing fast enough for the change in air coming into the engine. As far as tip in I see it on the wideband still but don't feel it now enough that most would probably give up on it now and say it is ok. It is the very light throttle changes. If I stomp it there is no issues at all. This is more like coming off a light easy or lift to coast then go back to light throttle. I don't like the fact I had to add such a huge amount to the manifold volume table and stomp compensation base gain values much higher then a 6.2 lsa engine. So tells me something else should be adjusted first then this tweaked. Guess I am being anal on it where most call it a day and say it's ok I want it correctly adjusted. Probably the only way to salvage gas mileage in the end is it being correct. The fact I see it go 10.4 every time I coast I just see it wasting gas almost like air stops flowing and the injector is like "oh I should stop spraying now " then it stops and I see it bounce back to normal 14-15 afr. Soon as I start to lift I asssume the injector should react so going to try to adjust injector offset tables and see if can get a positive reaction that way with it.
    Nick I bet if you had the wideband on it your having similar issues but just don't see it and why other then your heavy foot the gas mileage suffers. I have seen a solid 25 mpg cruising at 65 mph with cruise on so I think this manifold design actually is more efficient when not making boost compared to the factory truck manifold so in the end everything tuned correctly keeping a light foot this setup will get better gas mileage for normal driving which is best of both worlds. The truck is quick I beat a heavily modded ford lighting and have upset a few mustangs around here. So once I get this whipped all around this setup is going to be pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Maybe the injector offset is a table I need to change up to speed up the injector reaction time? These the correct table for what I explained is happening ?

Tuning Addict
    Don't mess with any of the normal injector tables - these are all set for the injectors - not for transients... The only injector tables that are going to help with transients are your injection timing tables - this is actually also why the cammed one above may not have this issue...

Injection Boundary - add 20 - see if it makes any difference... Also since this is primarily at cruise speeds - go to the impact and evap tables - multiply your 50kpa row by 1.05 then multiply your 100kpa row by 1.4 then highlight all of the rows from 50kpa to 100kpa and interpolate top to bottom within these cells... This should all help with the transitional fueling issue... You might also try putting manifold volume back down around 13 or 14...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    haha maybe it is my foot. I can't believe your getting 25mpg. I honestly get half that. Only thing really different is cam, you have headers, and my heavy ass factory 20's. guess it's kinda a lot. On e50 or more it's single digits...but it moves for a big girl. Mine honestly drives like stock other than firmer shifts and when you start pushing the pedal down. I hope you get yours sorted it. I have been very impressed with this blower on my stock ish 5.3l. I did pick up a loaded 08 Denali xl awd from my buddy that the trans died in for $5k. It's high mileage but surprisingly clean.
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

So we are now on the right track. Thank your GHuggins for the last tweak. When it was cold it acted like it wasn't going to help but maybe when switched to closed loop or just got temp in it the tip in dead spot was gone. I could leave a traffic light driving normal with out having to crack throttle slow then give gas to go. It shows a little lean on wideband but drives like it should. On coast it still dives a little rich but very quickly recovers so maybe needs a little more to it? The cold thing I can live with but if know what may help I am all ears. The only down side I noticed is at lower cruising speeds say 1200-1500 rpm when I lean on it just a little to pick up speed it will now go pretty rich and stay more on rich side until I either pick up some rpm or lift a touch. Before it would stay 14-13 afr now seeing 11-10s same rpm area. So maybe just need to go back to ve and continue to adjust on that now that it is transitioning correctly?
    I hope by helping me it helps you learn for your business and make it easier for you down the road if cross this issue so if anything is needed by me to help you with anything like that just let me know. I like to learn as I go and not just fix issues with help so that eventually I can also give back to the forum more. So in saying that any special method to your values you told me to use? Doesn't seem like a random number you picked for 50-100kpa then to interpolate.

I was in the wrong tables I was trying to make it work by the stomp compensation table and playing with that more as it seemed it was helping but nothing like your last recommendation. Thanks