Thread: 06 GTO with Lonnies Double Pump System Fuel Pressure Help

06 GTO with Lonnies Double Pump System Fuel Pressure Help

Getting ready to tune the car. There are no apparent leaks in the system but everytime I turn accessory power on only, fuel pressure drops to almost nothing like 5 psi as if there was a leak. Although when I do start the car fuel pressure jumps right back up and it holds steady at 59psi. light revs and it holds steady. should I be concerned and can this be tuned out?

its a lonnies dual walbro 255 system with a fuel labs regulator on the return line the regulator does have a vacuum port but I have not yet connected it.

Tuning Addict
    Unless there is an issue with the check valve in the pump assembly, it shouldn't be bleeding off that quickly... Now with that being said, I have seen some cheaper after market pump assemblies that seem to do away with the check valve for what ever reason... If the pump runs all of the time, then it won't cause problems while it's running, but you'll have some pretty bad problems with hot restarts especially... You might even want to wire up the pump relay to where the pump runs the whole time the key is in any on position - this will cause battery issues if you keep the key on without the engine running for any length of time as a downside...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC