Thread: switched to e85 now rich

switched to e85 now rich

ran cell down to 1/2 added 5 gallons of e85 changed stoich to 9.8 (9.799 not accepted) let it run 15 to 20 min and wide band was showing to be rich 11-12 on wide band. should I pull fuel from entire ve or scale injectors until it's closer.

Senior Tuner
    what ever half tank is plus the e85 dosnt make it 9.8 afr u either need to remove all fuel from tank then add e85 or get a flex sensor and go that way, don't change the VE to correct it because if its correct for petrol its correct for all fuels just the stoich has to match the fuel stoich if it's being mixed that's why the flex sensor is needed

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    what ever half tank is plus the e85 dosnt make it 9.8 afr u either need to remove all fuel from tank then add e85 or get a flex sensor and go that way, don't change the VE to correct it because if its correct for petrol its correct for all fuels just the stoich has to match the fuel stoich if it's being mixed that's why the flex sensor is needed
    +1.
    It needs to be 100% e85 in the tank
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

sorry wasn't very clear. I had a half inch of fuel in a 15 gallon cell. added 5 gallons. starts fine but shows 11-12 on wide band. is it really rich? having trouble finding a flex fuel capable pcm with 3 bar capability on a P01 pcm

Quote Originally Posted by prostreet1967 View Post
    sorry wasn't very clear. I had a half inch of fuel in a 15 gallon cell. added 5 gallons. starts fine but shows 11-12 on wide band. is it really rich? having trouble finding a flex fuel capable pcm with 3 bar capability on a P01 pcm
    Stop logging AFR and start using lambda.

got lambda logging now. wide band still not reading lambda yet will work on that tomorrow. read some places wide band still reads correct with e85. meaning 11.0 on wide band translates to roughly. 70 or so

wide band now reading lambda, it shows .70 - .85 just like scanner. what would be beat way to get it dialed in
    .play with stoich number?

Advanced Tuner
    Try 10.13623 which is stoich for e80. It's rare to get full e85 from a gas station.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Senior Tuner
    I've heard of some places that get down as low as E50 in the winter. I was reading where someone from the Northeast that said they have a local station that will go E90 all year but then drop to E50 or something like that in the winter.

If the tune was on before I would just add to stoich until you get back to where you should be.