Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somethings to improve while tuning a 6.4 Scat pack?

Tuner

Somethings to improve while tuning a 6.4 Scat pack?

I have a customer who's car i've been tuning and its been coming out pretty good..

Car is a Stock car, just Long Tubes / Xpipe with intake, on tires i have it running close to 11.5ish at 119mph.

I'm wondering what else is left to do? I have tuned the car's AFR, targeting 12.5AFRS, and timing based on plug reading and KR. I feel like the car is performing well and so does my customer but i'm wondering what else i can fool with to be faster, or snapper? Any idea whats you guys do on the dodges?

I mostly just do GM/Import stuff, primarily just CTSVs/ZL1s but i'm doing this as a favor to this guy and i like the dodge stuff honestly.dansscatpackpcm2 - ddtech.hpt

Attached is the current tune, i'm open to all ears as i'm not professional Dodge tuner.

Tuner
    Ttt

Potential Tuner
    Nice numbers any advise to a new tuner on how to get close to that.
    same car 2016 charger scatpack a8 / intake / TB spacer.

Tuner
    Use my tune?

TTT

Tuner in Training
    how you did tune your AFR??. I've tried to tune dodge charger 3.6 2014 which got the same tables of your customer car, but i couldnt. someone on this forum told me that i have to disable NN but you didnt.

i am trying to tune AFR from WOT tables and setting but that dodge still read 10.5 AFR no matter what changes i made.

Tuner
    Wideband in hand.

Set PE, Mod to reach target by tuning VE tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    I have a customer who's car i've been tuning and its been coming out pretty good..

Car is a Stock car, just Long Tubes / Xpipe with intake, on tires i have it running close to 11.5ish at 119mph.

I'm wondering what else is left to do? I have tuned the car's AFR, targeting 12.5AFRS, and timing based on plug reading and KR. I feel like the car is performing well and so does my customer but i'm wondering what else i can fool with to be faster, or snapper? Any idea whats you guys do on the dodges?

I mostly just do GM/Import stuff, primarily just CTSVs/ZL1s but i'm doing this as a favor to this guy and i like the dodge stuff honestly.dansscatpackpcm2 - ddtech.hpt

Attached is the current tune, i'm open to all ears as i'm not professional Dodge tuner.
    Can you upload the original read please? Also, what fuel are you running? I'll take a look if you have time to upload the original read. All of the 16 Scat's we've done have been with CMR and I failed to take a HP read for my records.
    I see that you have ANN enabled (my preference on these cars) so I'm not sure that your VE changes will make a difference.

Tuner
    I'm very new to the Mopar tuning with HPtuners. I'll openly admit that i'm very cautious with it. The car was VERY rich with me just setting PE and doing nothing - Changes did take effect after fooling with VE changes.

The car ran a 12.2 out the box, so its picked up alot - I just finish a plate kit install on the car with the nitrous outlet works, so its getting ready to be sprayed if you have any advice on afr to target on a mopar spraying and timing wise how much to pull?

Here's the original upload you asked for.

Tuner
    dansscatpackpcm2.hpt

Original Rom pull.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm very new to the Mopar tuning with HPtuners. I'll openly admit that i'm very cautious with it. The car was VERY rich with me just setting PE and doing nothing - Changes did take effect after fooling with VE changes.

The car ran a 12.2 out the box, so its picked up alot - I just finish a plate kit install on the car with the nitrous outlet works, so its getting ready to be sprayed if you have any advice on afr to target on a mopar spraying and timing wise how much to pull?

Here's the original upload you asked for.
    ddtech - thanks for uploading the original read. The Calid is 050358AD. We actually have a Scat in the shop right now with that Calid that we tuned on CMR. I did a compare and it looks like only the WOT spark was changed and the VE tables (which I still question having any effect with ANN on). How much time do you want to put into this? I would be glad to assist but it might be easier over the phone or via email.

P.S> I saw you post in the 6L80e forum. Some pretty impressive numbers with those V's

My email is [email protected] - I am a little backed up on email tunes but will reply.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ddtech - thanks for uploading the original read. The Calid is 050358AD. We actually have a Scat in the shop right now with that Calid that we tuned on CMR. I did a compare and it looks like only the WOT spark was changed and the VE tables (which I still question having any effect with ANN on). How much time do you want to put into this? I would be glad to assist but it might be easier over the phone or via email.

P.S> I saw you post in the 6L80e forum. Some pretty impressive numbers with those V's

My email is [email protected] - I am a little backed up on email tunes but will reply.
    Thank you very much sir!

I've been tuning along time, Imports mostly, i just got into the domestic stuff late 2015. My wife and I both own Vs so its become my knack. I mostly only deal with LSA/CTSV/ZL1 stuff.. we have alot of great tuners locally and i dont care to fool with much else. I've done ALOT of trial and error and as far as mopar, i would love to do the same as mopar tuners are few and far between. I'll pm you my cell. It'd be great to learn from someone who knows more!

I've fooled with alot more but mostly timing / VE i didn't mess with much else as its still a learning curve - the car performs great out the box.. so cleaning up timing and AFR was my first step. and it resulted in a good track outing.
    Last edited by ddtech; 01-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    With ANN still on, VE changes have no effect.
    To tune AFR, use PE tables for WOT and/or trim the inj tables around the PW area you want to change.
    This is easy on a close to stock car as they usually aren't far off.
    LT headers are good...they add a bit of hp, lean the AFR little and raise the kr threshold a couple of degs.
    That's where most of the improvement has come from.

Tuner
    Whats a good target AFR on mopars the 6.4's i've yet to find a solid answer on this.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    With ANN still on, VE changes have no effect.
    To tune AFR, use PE tables for WOT and/or trim the inj tables around the PW area you want to change.
    This is easy on a close to stock car as they usually aren't far off.
    LT headers are good...they add a bit of hp, lean the AFR little and raise the kr threshold a couple of degs.
    That's where most of the improvement has come from.
    I keep hearing this - Can you explain why? If i put the VE table back to stock the car's 11.3s at wot - after only adjusting the VE bank, its targeting 12.5's and hitting target..

Advanced Tuner
    Whats a good target AFR on mopars the 6.4's i've yet to find a solid answer on this.
    .85-.87 lambda is pretty much ideal for any NA motor to be honest.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    .85-.87 lambda is pretty much ideal for any NA motor to be honest.
    I would like more information on this as well. I do not have near the experience most of you but I have found higher compression engines to respond better to being ran a little richer with more spark advance.
    Last edited by tbrtuning; 01-10-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Well that will be the first ANN vehicle I have come across that the VE table changes have any effect, but if it works for you then that's great!
    Usually ANN must be disabled to tune VE.

I keep hearing this - Can you explain why? If i put the VE table back to stock the car's 11.3s at wot - after only adjusting the VE bank, its targeting 12.5's and hitting target..

Advanced Tuner
    I like less fuel and less advance on these, but hey that's just me.
    Usually around.85-.92 lambda....just run it and see what it likes.
    It will speak to you

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I would like more information on this as well. I do not have near the experience most of you but I have found higher compression engines to respond better to being ran a little richer with more spark advance.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks. I am going to try experimenting more on my 392 after reading your post. I have experimented the most with Coyote Mustangs and just followed that thought with the 392 when it was more prone to detonation running leaner.

I considered it might make more power leaner even with less spark but didn't test it much. I appreciate all the help you have given to people with Dodge tuning. I haven't found much good Dodge tuning information outside of this forum and it isn't many of you willing to give out much information here either.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Thanks. I am going to try experimenting more on my 392 after reading your post. I have experimented the most with Coyote Mustangs and just followed that thought with the 392 when it was more prone to detonation running leaner.

I considered it might make more power leaner even with less spark but didn't test it much. I appreciate all the help you have given to people with Dodge tuning. I haven't found much good Dodge tuning information outside of this forum and it isn't many of you willing to give out much information here either.
    I agree more does not always make more. Glad we have some good people here sharing.