Thread: How to get the backfire/popping on decel

How to get the backfire/popping on decel

Looking at the Injector Off Pattern for Sound Optimized Torque Reduction table, the X Axis seems to be Engine Speed (RPM) and Y Axis is Cylinder. If you've ever listened to the car while driving, you will notice it has that burble/popping as you decel down toward idle speed. Mine was always around 1500-2k that I would notice the change in sound. So I just copied to data from the 1k column over to the columns I wanted to add the burble to. I also modified the 1k column further to get more sound, this was just purely from experimenting and found it sounded better. You can probably change the columns to 0's from whatever RPM you want down, I haven't tested it but Im assuming it will be far louder and more "crackle-y" like MEP's video he posted from the E63 he tuned. This has a nice sound and isn't annoying. Not sure if it throws off fire, Ill have to have someone follow me at night to see. But, enjoy, see how you like it. I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Cliffs:
    All noise
    No performance gain
    Scene points +10 lol

backfire.png

Banned
    Damn, I just noticed this thread now.

"burble/popping as you decel down toward idle speed. Mine was always around 1500-2k that I would notice"

Yep x2. Probably a bit larger range than that..

If only I had that "Injector Off Pattern" tab(le)..
    Wish I knew what to do to make mine burble more + shoot flames, w/o damaging things and decreasing performance (if possible).
    I want my 8 to sound more menacing w/o increasing the db's too. I also want Megan Fox in my bedroom.
    Like some of these new-age Euro V8/10/12's sound sick. Crisp/dirty/clean/exotic/nasty all in one (squirt). I want that. I'm tired of *regular V8 sound* + *lifter noise*.
    And I want blue flames too.. not regular yellow.. and all over my car.. not just coming out the exhaust.. like this..
    Bugatti-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Side-Super-Fire-Flame-Abstract-Car-2016-Blue-Black-Colors-HD-Wallpap.jpg

Tuner in Training
    start by removing the cats and disable rear o2s, late timing and excessivly rich, helps if your turbo charged to push out more unburned gases on the stock NA cam
    Last edited by flyingfool; 01-21-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    just buy a rat rod flame thrower kit