Thread: SRT4 problems

Potential Tuner

SRT4 problems

Hello, Im trying to tune my 2004 NSRT4, The car is actually an SE with a complete SRT4 swap and im running into some issues. When I try to pull the tune in VCM Editor, I get an error saying it cannot read. I noticed with VCM Scanner, during a datalog it says at the top "2.0l". Im wondering if when the SRT4 conversion was done they just used the stock ECU? The car came with a Diablo tuner that works but is hardly useful for what I need to do. Perhaps im missing something? Iv only ever tuned GM cars before.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

As far as I know, HP won't read a Diablo tune. You would have to flash the ECM with a stock tune from someone with a Tech2.
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!

Potential Tuner
    The Diablo backs up the stock tune, perhaps just uploading it would work? Ill give that a shot tomorrow.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarjay View Post
    Hello, Im trying to tune my 2004 NSRT4, The car is actually an SE with a complete SRT4 swap and im running into some issues. When I try to pull the tune in VCM Editor, I get an error saying it cannot read. I noticed with VCM Scanner, during a datalog it says at the top "2.0l". Im wondering if when the SRT4 conversion was done they just used the stock ECU? The car came with a Diablo tuner that works but is hardly useful for what I need to do. Perhaps im missing something? Iv only ever tuned GM cars before.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!
    I would send an info log to support. Most Diablo files will read just fine, with the DCX stuff, so you may have a quirky situation going on. The fact that it doesn't properly identify the vehicle is a red flag.

What version software are you using?
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    With the SRT-4 platform, there are no issues reading Diablo tunes from a PCM. It's very likely that they kept the stock PCM in the car when they did the swap, since you're seeing 2.0L in the information that you're able to see. If that is the case, it is very possible that the PCM is actually an NGC 1 PCM, rather than an NGC 3 PCM. NGC 1 PCMs are not supported by HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    The car runs poor, I fear that may be the case. It has a full 3 inch cat-less exhaust, CAI, Larger Intercooler but my fuel trims are maxed out causing the car to never go over 14.5 AFR during normal driving. Although im not sure why the guy who did the swap would skimp on the PCM, as the story was told he was a SRT4 Fanatic and had 3 of them, Bought another low mileage wrecked one and put the complete swap into what is now my car.

How would I verify if the PCM is an NGC 1 or NGC 3?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    look for the PCM its self and see the PN on it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I pulled the PCM and saw its a Stage 1 Turbo ECM.. Put it back in and now was able to pull the tune. Now that I can actually work on this thing, Does this PCM have a WOT Threshold? and wheres it at? I don't think it ever switches to "WOT"

Senior Tuner
    Post of the scan of the tune.

Tuner in Training
    I have built a tune for a turbo 2.0 with the stock ecu with HPtuners, but the parameters are much more limited with that ecu. There are a few guys that have done it with Diablosport, but only two that I know of. Best to post a scan of the tune. The biggest giveaway will be the fuel pulsewidth tables.