Thread: FANS manual fan to 2 electric fans

Potential Tuner

Exclamation FANS manual fan to 2 electric fans

Sorry I need help going from manual fan to 2 electric fans changed to 2fans and set temps then wrote to ecm on 2004 chevy truck but nothing
    wiring is correct please help since there is no phone support with this Hptuners

Banned
    What's wrong with emailing support?
    Do you have "2 Fans" selected in "System" > "Fans" > "Hardware" > "Fan Type"?
    Are you 100% sure your wiring is correct? Do the wires go to the right pins on your ECU/PCM?
    Do your fans work? As in, have you tested them / connected them straight to the battery or were they previously working on another car..?

I'd first adjust/Write the primary/secondary fan temps to like 25-30 degrees (I'm talking about celsius.. convert it to USA-ian language if you have to) to see if everything works.. wait until the engine's warm.

When I wrote my first tune I noticed my one and only fan wouldn't come on. Long story short, the problem was it uses the settings from my "Fan 2 (Second Stage)" settings, which was set pretty high (106 degrees I think). So I dropped it to 93 (on ECT 93, off ECT 91) and it's all good now.

Potential Tuner

GOT it

well I have it my problem with email support is that this was a software proplem and I had a customer needing his truck,
    no I still have a problem it worked 1 time after I fixed software that's it now its happening again wont read ecm and the
    thing I have to change would not let you change this opions.
    maybe it windows ten or maybe its HPT 3.4 .I don't know

I would just like to note, on some of the GMT running dual fans that both do not come on. Make sure under a/c tab that fan number two is selected. You can also diagnose fan issues in the VCM scanner by commanding the fan off and on to test your wiring/relay. One of my first steps when working on third party wiring, and other customer installed fan relays.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by specfx View Post
    well I have it my problem with email support is that this was a software proplem and I had a customer needing his truck,
    no I still have a problem it worked 1 time after I fixed software that's it now its happening again wont read ecm and the
    thing I have to change would not let you change this opions.
    maybe it windows ten or maybe its HPT 3.4 .I don't know
    Run in winxp pro sp3 compatibilty mode.