Thread: Fiesta ST Support?

Advanced Tuner

Fiesta ST Support?

Does anyone know if HPTuners will offer tuning support for the Fiesta ST?

Kris

Tuner in Training
    Hi Eric, here is another example that an FiSt owner looking for support...

Advanced Tuner
    Marc,

Eric just responded to my PM notifying me that it is on the horizon. I asked if he could provide a possible ETA. I will keep the thread updated with whatever information I receive.

Kris

Tuner in Training
    We are keen to get Fiesta ST support too.
    We do all the ecoboost range and have quite a lot of the 1litres in Fiestas and Focus over here.

Tuner in Training
    Hi HP tuners, any updates on this...?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No updates for Fiesta support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill, I have my cable and software already, can I use it to pull a full read from my Fiesta...?
    I have a spare Ecu and I can read it through the Jtag port so I can reverse engineer it.
    There is conflicting posts on the net claiming HP will not be supporting the fiesta ecoboost platform

Tuner in Training
    Bump to the top....I need this soon, so I can get rid of my SCT pro racer package that is missing all sorts of definitions and labels....

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for adding the USDM 1.6

Tuner in Training
    Hope he can add the EDM also.

Is the ECU completely different in the USDM vs EDM car - surely not with globalization? Conservatively I would estimate there are 10x more EDM ST's driving around than USDM ones - please add support if possible!
    07 Chev Lumina SS 6.0 L98
    i.e. Holden Commodore VE SS
    i.e. Pontiac G8 GT minus DOD

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffer View Post
    Is the ECU completely different in the USDM vs EDM car - surely not with globalization? Conservatively I would estimate there are 10x more EDM ST's driving around than USDM ones - please add support if possible!
    The ECU for EDM actually is completely different. Its MAF based vs MAP, etc. If we get a read of it, we can look into adding support for it. From what I know, I believe its actually a pure Bosch controller, not a Ford version running Ford code.
    Globalization for the Fiesta and Focus was odd because they were both originally European cars before brought to America, so there are somethings on those two models that is both slightly different from the normal stuff we deal with, as well as usually differences in controllers and stuff between Ford of Europe and Ford North America.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the extra clarification Steve.
    I am sure I sent you one about a year ago though?

If not, I will try and get time on the next one through my door to send you another.

Tuner in Training
    Jus checked, I sent the data up in early October 2016.

Thanks Steve I had no idea this would be the case. Perhaps they did it for the stricter US emissions regulations? I emailed a 2 mb dat file to support recently which is the stock read.
    07 Chev Lumina SS 6.0 L98
    i.e. Holden Commodore VE SS
    i.e. Pontiac G8 GT minus DOD

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    The ECU for EDM actually is completely different. Its MAF based vs MAP, etc. If we get a read of it, we can look into adding support for it. From what I know, I believe its actually a pure Bosch controller, not a Ford version running Ford code.
    Globalization for the Fiesta and Focus was odd because they were both originally European cars before brought to America, so there are somethings on those two models that is both slightly different from the normal stuff we deal with, as well as usually differences in controllers and stuff between Ford of Europe and Ford North America.
    Steven, I may have the EDM A2l and a matching .bin file if that helps.