Thread: Just Bought a LML and dealer kept the Tune

Just Bought a LML and dealer kept the Tune

I just bought this truck, 2013 GMC 3500 Diesel and I know its tuned and deleted. I have to use this truck to pull my race car and need to get it tuned for pulling, my question is how can I find out the tune that is in it and how do I get it set up for my needs. It seems to be more performance oriented at this time, this thing will fly unloaded but kills the trans when pulling?

Is there a way to buy a tuner and be able to switch back and forth for loaded and loaded use?
    Last edited by Graygost; 12-11-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling

It's going to be hard to guess what tuned the truck, it could be a handheld tuner or something like and edge tuner. It's possible too that the tune file is locked and you can't get into the computer too. You'd have to bite the bullet and buy HP Tuners to see if you can even get into the computer first, if you can't then you'd have to buy a new computer or somehow figure out what tuned it in the first place.

As far as I know HP Tuner does not support emission deletes on many diesels, so if that truck is already deleted HPT won't be able to shut off any of that stuff if you had to buy a new computer. Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Graygost View Post
    I just bought this truck, 2013 GMC 3500 Diesel and I know its tuned and deleted. I have to use this truck to pull my race car and need to get it tuned for pulling, my question is how can I find out the tune that is in it and how do I get it set up for my needs. It seems to be more performance oriented at this time, this thing will fly unloaded but kills the trans when pulling?

Is there a way to buy a tuner and be able to switch back and forth for loaded and loaded use?
    You can't read a LML from the obd port. The only way to read one is to remove the back cover and read it. You can buy a handheld with tunes and write it through the obd port. Being it is deleted then you are limited to how you tune it.

so what would happen if I bought a tune from Duramax or Rob and use their legal tune with all my emission stuff missing?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Graygost View Post
    so what would happen if I bought a tune from Duramax or Rob and use their legal tune with all my emission stuff missing?
    You would have your vehicle in reduce power mode and regen cycle. If you are deleted. You have to have a deleted tune or install the emissions.

Hptuners will only support emmisions. You can purchase another software or a delete handheld like a h&s. either race or buy the high Sulphur code for it. If you decide to go H&S let me know I can give you a discount on the codes.

wont run properly , the ecm will be trying to accuate the 9th injector that is no longer there so best bet is to get a programmer designed for the delete also without a way to disable the EGR it will eventually go into limp mode I bought the duramax tuner jack and I flashed and it ran but mileage got worse so I reflashed and no better result so I put it back to the stock tune and it crashed the ecm for what its worth to you I feel that you would be ahead by taking the truck to a shop that is reputable to have the trans tuned and maybe spend money on bullet proofing the trans