Thread: Looking for towing help

Tuner in Training

Looking for towing help

I'm very happy with the daily driver aspect of my tune but I'm looking for a bit more off idle and low end. Stock 6.0 with exception of tbss intake and injectors and the transmission is fully built with an HD converter with a stall of 2600-2800. 4.10 gearing with 33" tires. The truck goes really well, with exception of when I'm towing. Mid range to top end towing is fantastic, I'm just looking for advice on low rpm situations, such as taking off from a stop. If someone could critique the tune I'd appreciate it. I can provide a scan file later if needed. Thanks!
    Last edited by lm7s10; 12-12-2016 at 07:23 PM.

You should tune the VE and MAF curve for the change in intake manifold and injectors.

The tune files shows they are still stock and that needs to be addressed first.

Some things in the tune puzzle me, why would you disable all the knock retard features??

That isn't a smart things to do. You'd never know if you have real spark knock going on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, I've done several scans with and without the knock sensors on and saw zero KR, I do run 93 octane all the time. I've actually ran this tune for over a year now, and was looking to see if I've missed anything along the way. I've been hesitant to mess with the VE and MAF because I don't have widebands, I may bring the KR back to stock as per your suggestion, thank you again for the reply 5FDP

Tuner in Training
    plus whenever i try to adjust my primary VE table, the VCM editor crashes....so I dont know if its an issue with my laptop or HPT.