Thread: DBC conversion with lots of mod's P59

DBC conversion with lots of mod's P59

I might need to change to DBC so I need to know where to start. It is an 8.1 Vortec, bored out, ported heads, tuliped valves, roller rockers, Raylar 203 cam, modified ported intake, and 102mm TB, with manual trans. If I convert to DBC my P59 pcm does have the IAC driver. I have a pcm read from a DBC 5.3 I used to have in my C10, but I think I might need a 6.0 DBC express van tune. I don't know if I can use either because I have 503ci and a 102mm TB going on it so I don't think the IAC or TPS tables will work well. Now the pcm does have the IAC tables filled in on my 06 8.1 but they are ran all 8.1's on DBW. I haven't finished my harness yet on my 05 pcm for the chevelle, until I find out if I can run a DBW NW102 or need to go DBC, so I haven't read the 05 pcm yet. But the pcms should be the same other than the 05 had a 5 speed ally and the 06 has a 6 speed ally, which I am running a stick. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Avatar is my Wife and Proud of it!!
    1970 Chevelle SS 8.1 Vortec T56 9" 3.00
    2006 3500HD 8.1 vortec Allison 6sp 4.10 4X4
    2013 Audi A5 Cab 2.0tfsi Quatro
    www.mcmnapa.com

Tuner in Training
    I modified the stock tune on a 2003 P59 for a 5.3 for a class 2000 off-road truck and converted it to DBC by simply changing the bit from 1 to 0 in the table System > General > System Options > column ETC and doing a write entire.

also see this thread (WONT LET ME LINK TO HPTUNERS THREAD????? ) search for "drive by wire to drive by cable" in this same gen 3 forum

If that table isn't available, then you may need a different OS or PCM...

If you do, you'll need to recalibrate the TPS sensor after doing this:

Unplug IAC and TPS, Turn Key On (engine off) for a few seconds, Turn key OFF.
    Plug in IAC and TPS, and Turn key ON (Engine OFF). Log TPS, should be 0 deg, and ~.45v
    If not, adjust TPS, rinse and repeat!

I can't help you with the IAC wiring or setup as we aren't using any Idle control... adjusted throttle stop till idle ~1000 warm and with ignition and idle airflow tuning it's rock solid, cold startup idle is ~1200 and smoothly transitions to warm idle.

Hope this helps!