Thread: 3 bar OS speed density question?

Tuner

3 bar OS speed density...emissons testing?

With 3 BAR OS, I'm hoping there is a way to go speed density without having to fail the MAF, or a workaround that will allow me to pass emissions with MAF failed.
    Last edited by turboffr; 08-01-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp

When it comes time to emission test you can quickly just change the 3 MAF dtc's to no error reported and have them do the test. Then once you pass you can switch it back to fail on first error again. I don't see why this wouldn't work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    That's an option but I would need to put MAF back on the car so it would run. I'm planning on running speed density only and it will be turbo charged so I'd need a second charge pipe to incorporate the MAF for emission time.

Tuner in Training
    Cutting them to no error reported will just make it where the MAF dtc's don't throw a light. Your car will still be run fine that way if tuned properly in sd

Tuner
    ok, setting the MAF errors (P0102 & P0103) to "no error reported" did not work. The car would fire and then just die. I was able to leave P0102 to "no error reported" but had to set P0103 to "MIL on 1st error" for it to stay running.
    2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp

Dealing with this same issue currently to get my truck passed, what I did was turn the MAF codes back on (all 3) and kept adding to the MAF table till the truck would idle on its own.

Seems to work ok, I will be trying to get the truck passed Friday. I'll update how it goes

Tuner
    Yeah I had tuned the car with MAF so I have a tune to flash. I just wanted to avoid having to pull everything apart and build another intake tube for it (meth nozzle,
    IAT, and MAF). Not the end of the world but would have liked to just leave it as is.

I don't have the maf installed on mine, I just added some airflow to the maf table in the idle region so that the truck would idle with the maf not failed, but the maf is not installed.

I also have the "Engine - Airflow - Dynamic Air - Dynamic Airflow - High Rpm Disable" maxed out

Mine would start and stall just like what yours is doing. I maxed that table and added a few g/sec at a time to the MAF table till it wanted to idle on its own. I got it to where it would idle somewhat decent and saved that as my "emissions" tune, but I never did install the MAF again
    Last edited by 1992-25th; 08-02-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Can someone please tell me where to find this 'maf table' because the one I thought it was, must be wrong.

Im trying to get the engine to idle without the maf, before the maf is failed. He said

"I just added some airflow to the maf table in the idle region so that the truck would idle with the maf not failed, but the maf is not installed."

And I just can't figure out what that maf table is. I thought it was frequency vs. lb/min

Engine--Airflow--General--MAF Calibration. The low table
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

^^^ what he said