Thread: I hate to be that guy...........

birthplace of GM- Flint, MI where the water is heavy

I hate to be that guy...........

I hate to be THAT noob, but I know about enough to be dangerous. Just being honest. Just making sure I haven't missed anything or going to mess anything up in the near future. I did my own sd tuning on a small cam only engine swap (same vehicle a few years ago) and thought it was easy. Moved on to a light boost build. Didn't feel comfortable trying my hand at boost tuning off the bat (and too busy to be able to learn at the time), so I bought a mail order tune from a reputable tuner. Suv ran decent (stock trans never shifted well at this power level, I expected that). However, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Now, I wanted to make it flex fuel. I needed a file that would support a 2bar, DBC, 4l60e, flex fuel, and preferably wired close to a truck. Chose a 2007 express pcm. Added a flex fuel sensor and appropriate wiring. Obviously, flash the 2bar OS, change the trans switch to 4l60e, turn on flex fuel switches, and copy all of the mail order tune tables over? Is this okay to do going from a 411 to a p59? I have no problem doing so just want to be sure. Want to put this 5.20.16.hpt info in this 2007expressstock.hpt file if possible. I realize the VE table will need to be adjusted as well going from 3 bar to 2 bar and add some spark in e85 adder table (how much idk?).

very basic "build parts rundown"
    2002 blazer
    lq4 short block
    222/242 118+4 cam
    ls3 heads
    lsa blower
    2.4 upper pulley (makes 11psi)
    ID1000s
    boost referenced regulator
    SW 1 7/8" longtubes
    3" duals all the way back with xpipe
    aem 30-4100 wideband
    4l60e
    3.73 auburn
    255/50 16 mt et streets (26x10)
    4200#s

With the 411 pcm in it, I pulled a 2.9 whipple g8gt on an unprepped surface thru 70mph 2x. To his credit, he had his street tires on his car. That blower barely fit under a cowl hood. Built by livernois motorsports, the guy said it made 720whp on 13psi and e85. I am sure I am nowhere near that hp level. That blower couldn't have been breathing at all. Should have eaten me alive. Spinning isn't winning but neither is a terrible tune. My purchased tune seems ok and probably could be better (lean down low and rich up top in open loop). Really, I just want to be ready for the next time someone like him shows up AND be able to run the blazer out of state if I want without changing tunes for different fuels when I can't find e85. Sorry for the novel, just trying to include all the info that we require to help each other out. Thank you in advance for any and all help/criticism/opinions/ideas/experiences!

I quit being a sissy and tried to change it all over. Everything seems to work but I have no tcc lockup. Will post up file I made when I get some time between jobs here in a few minutes.

It's best to do a segment swap to make sure all the transmission functions work the best. Just switching the trans switch from 4L80e to 4L60e normally isn't going to work and something ends up not working.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Okay. Thank you sir. I will contact support. To see if it made a difference I was going to try to put the original tune back in it and then use 3.2 to do the 2 bar os but it says invalid application key. Just trying to learn here. Thanks again!