Thread: S197 3V tuning guru's. Come inside.

Tuner in Training

S197 3V tuning guru's. Come inside.

Quick run down.

2007 Mustang 5 speed, stock 3.31 gear
    MMR 4.75L 1000SE shortblock
    MMR Stage 2 ported heads ( stock cams/valvetrain )
    Cam phaser delete
    C&L intake w/no IMRC ( stock TB )
    60lb Ford Injectors
    Pro-M slot MAF sensor
    Aeromotive A1000 intank fuel pump
    Aeromotive X1 regulator ( set to 40psi base w/ vac reference )
    Aeromotive fuel rails ( no fuel pressure sensor )
    All -8 feed and return lines
    On3performance turbo kit w/ Comp billet 67/67 turbo journal bearing

Car runs great, maff dialed in great, good afr in boost 11.4-11.8 at 8-9psi
    Car made 465hp/485tq with 15 degrees of timing
    My only complaint is the turbo is laggy on gear changes. Im not big on ford ecms. I'm spoiled bye the LS1 ecms and there great fueling control for boost. I wish ford had the same type of set up. Feel free to look over my tune and throw back any feedback you may have. Im still a newbie when it comes to this Ford tuning stuff!
    Last edited by Fayhee Motorsports; 12-06-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    cams dont help and IMRC delete also dont help.

i would invest in a good boost controller
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Is it going lean on the gear change?

Tuner in Training
    I had a feeling the IMRC and phaser delete was most of the issue. With the stock motor before it spooled up just fine. Nice and quick. Would it be worth taking the cam phaser delete back out? We are gonna put some turbo cams in it, but for the time being if running the stock cams with no phaser would help ill do it.

BNA: No its not going lean on gear changes, just turbo lag. It probably wouldn't be as bad if i could ride out 14.7 afr longer before it transitions into boost but its such a fine line on fords in the maff curve you have to keep it rich. Boost fueling is terrible on for ecu's. lol
    Last edited by Fayhee Motorsports; 12-07-2016 at 11:10 AM.

I think fueling is easier on Ford ECUs, you just need to find the throttle % when you make the switch to OL base fuel, then the MAF and fuel table will do everything.
    You need to dial the MAF pretty good for it to be reliable but it works great. You just need to start thinking is Ford terms like LOAD because it's a very different strategy which is more accurate than Power Enrich in GMs. Once Fuel is dialed the AFR will be bassed off LOAD and it won't matter if the throttle is at 60% or WOT, the actual air that is entering the engine will dictate the fuel and spark. This compensates for the different load on the engine such as going uphill, towing or using slicks.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

lol, stop letting off fast pedal when you shift

Advanced Tuner
    Im no Guru but these cars seem to loose quite a bit by getting rid of the phasers unless your going all out on big cams and I don't know why allot of people get rid of the FRPS unless the rail doesn't have a spot but even on a return system its still helps the computer in calculations with the injectors.

Tuner in Training

help with the FORD cam sensor delete

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I think fueling is easier on Ford ECUs, you just need to find the throttle % when you make the switch to OL base fuel, then the MAF and fuel table will do everything.
    You need to dial the MAF pretty good for it to be reliable but it works great. You just need to start thinking is Ford terms like LOAD because it's a very different strategy which is more accurate than Power Enrich in GMs. Once Fuel is dialed the AFR will be bassed off LOAD and it won't matter if the throttle is at 60% or WOT, the actual air that is entering the engine will dictate the fuel and spark. This compensates for the different load on the engine such as going uphill, towing or using slicks.

Montecarlodrag,
    I am a Chevy guy but need some ford help. I have a customer that did the Cam Sensor Delete on a 2006 5.4 Trident. All they want me to do is the computer delete. So if I buy a ford credit is this going to be in my list of items I can turn off? I am sorry to interupt this thread but it came up in a search. I have not done alot with HP Tuner in the last year or better and need to answer this guy by tomorrow I usually can research this but have to work all night to get a car out. I greatly appreciate the info. I know its just 50.00 credit but right now things are tight. I dont want to tell him i can do it and then not be able to. Thank you again.
    Kelly
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Advanced Tuner
    Do you mean that he is locking out his cam phaser?

Quote Originally Posted by hiperf454 View Post
    Montecarlodrag,
    I am a Chevy guy but need some ford help. I have a customer that did the Cam Sensor Delete on a 2006 5.4 Trident. All they want me to do is the computer delete. So if I buy a ford credit is this going to be in my list of items I can turn off? I am sorry to interupt this thread but it came up in a search. I have not done alot with HP Tuner in the last year or better and need to answer this guy by tomorrow I usually can research this but have to work all night to get a car out. I greatly appreciate the info. I know its just 50.00 credit but right now things are tight. I dont want to tell him i can do it and then not be able to. Thank you again.
    Kelly
    You can license it, it will cost 2 credits (100 usd) to be able to modify anything in the calibration.
    You can delete the DTC code for the cam sensor, but I don't know why you would delete it. Don't you mean the cam phaser?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS