Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Torque Model editing functionality now in beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    Tim, is there any reason why one couldn't disable Flex Fuel to limit the tables being used? I don't even have a sensor on the truck so it is using virtual calculation, only reason I could guess is for E-10.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    set to disable and set your stoich table to 14.08 all across for E10. should be all you need to do for a Virtual sensor vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    set to disable and set your stoich table to 14.08 all across for E10. should be all you need to do for a Virtual sensor vehicle.
    Sounds good to me. Thank you, sir!

Can we just clarify a few things with this torque model ...... clarify meaning CLEARLY.

So in the Virtual Torque OK. You have Y Axies - Airmass (mg). Down that axies atleast in my tune it goes from 0 to 800 (100 intervals). What 'airmass' are you referring to. As in total airmass (MAF orVE) - eg.... maf or ve @ wot might run 300+g/sec on a NA vehicle. OR as I would think it would be............ convert that mg to g, so 800 being .80g/sec as in cyclinder airmass? .....

It honestly should be spelled out in the software.... It's like just saying 'spark, fuel' ....... so timing advance, restard?, pressure or level, injector flow lol? and so on......

It really shouldn't be a mystery. We are all here for the same thing.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Can we just clarify a few things with this torque model ...... clarify meaning CLEARLY.

So in the Virtual Torque OK. You have Y Axies - Airmass (mg). Down that axies atleast in my tune it goes from 0 to 800 (100 intervals). What 'airmass' are you referring to. As in total airmass (MAF orVE) - eg.... maf or ve @ wot might run 300+g/sec on a NA vehicle. OR as I would think it would be............ convert that mg to g, so 800 being .80g/sec as in cyclinder airmass? .....

It honestly should be spelled out in the software.... It's like just saying 'spark, fuel' ....... so timing advance, restard?, pressure or level, injector flow lol? and so on......

It really shouldn't be a mystery. We are all here for the same thing.
    Airmass is g or mg (in the cylinder), Airflow is g/sec, the rate of air into the engine
    I count sheep in hex...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Airmass is g or mg (in the cylinder), Airflow is g/sec, the rate of air into the engine
    Thanks Chris.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuning Addict
    So just to clear up some more on this Chris, could we in essence just go by cylinder airmass numbers for this axis's reference? That would actually clarify things a whole lot on how to log all of this.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

So while we are on the subject of airmass axis in the model, I am tuning a 2016 Zo6 with GT35 cam, pullies etc.....an LPE 800 hp package. The air-mass we are experiencing is in the 1.5/1.6 g/cyl and torque that far exceeds the 640 ft lb Del Eng Torque limits (believe this is a HP Tuners reporting limit, not an OS limit...) as well as the new MAX Torque per Gear which is a new table just added that corrected my issues where I actually had to "scale" the torque model to fit within the 650 ft lb limits we didn't have access to until recently.... As a note, it is also available in the 14/15 model years and I thank HP Tuners engineering for adding them to the Beta version :-) Access to this table corrected the Torque Management Advance being pulled until the Eng Torque dropped below the 650 ft lb limits.

Another big issue with this setup was Manifold temps of 160F which resulted in massive knock on the dyno....we purged the system as it appeared there was an air lock (hoses leading into and out of lid were cool) and added a bit more coolant and the temps came down to a more usable 125/130. We are adding an auxillary tank to increase the capacity this weekend to further reduce the temps. Obviously, this is a great opportunity for Meth....:-)

My question is when I try and use the Virtual Torque Model, it loads up with 800 mg (.8 g/cyl). I change it to 1600 91.6 g/cyl) with 100 step and develop a new torque model based on our dyno results. When I look at the new model, the values are actually lower than stock and seem to be going the wrong way? I ended up tweaking the stock torque model by hand (increase values) until the eng torque pid resembled our torque curve. Also if I re-open the file, the Virtual Torque Model defaults to the 800 mg air-mass value again? why wouldn't it take on the new model we developed up to 1600 mg (1.6 g/cyl)? Am I doing something wrong?

Still learning :-)

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 03-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    So just to clear up some more on this Chris, could we in essence just go by cylinder airmass numbers for this axis's reference? That would actually clarify things a whole lot on how to log all of this.
    That's exactly what it is, it's just shown in mg instead of g. The Airmass Torque is a function of airmass, RPM, cam angle and spark using the airmass based coefficients. The MAP Torque is a function of MAP, RPM, cam angle and spark using the MAP based coeffs.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    My question is when I try and use the Virtual Torque Model, it loads up with 800 mg (.8 g/cyl). I change it to 1600 91.6 g/cyl) with 100 step and develop a new torque model based on our dyno results. When I look at the new model, the values are actually lower than stock and seem to be going the wrong way? I ended up tweaking the stock torque model by hand (increase values) until the eng torque pid resembled our torque curve. Also if I re-open the file, the Virtual Torque Model defaults to the 800 mg air-mass value again? why wouldn't it take on the new model we developed up to 1600 mg (1.6 g/cyl)? Am I doing something wrong?
    Ed M
    The torque tables shown in the virtual torque are calculated from the airmass axis values. Regardless of the range you set the calculated value for say 500mg won't be different.

After you create the table you want you must click the "Extrapolate Coefficients" button to make the changes to the coefficient tables (this is the purpose of the whole thing), then save the tune. The virtual torque form defaults back to 0-800mg but if you change it to 0-1600 the values you saved to the coefficients will return. You also need to be aware the system is limited to a 2nd order polynomial, which means the surfaces formed cannot be crazy up/down/spikey the fit will be to 2nd order so some numbers you put in may not become reality when you extrapolate coefficients, they will appear smoothed. It's also very non-intuitive to interpret a 4D surface in multiple 3D snapshots, but it is what it is.
    I count sheep in hex...

The torque tables shown in the virtual torque are calculated from the airmass axis values. Regardless of the range you set the calculated value for say 500mg won't be different.

After you create the table you want you must click the "Extrapolate Coefficients" button to make the changes to the coefficient tables (this is the purpose of the whole thing), then save the tune. The virtual torque form defaults back to 0-800mg but if you change it to 0-1600 the values you saved to the coefficients will return. You also need to be aware the system is limited to a 2nd order polynomial, which means the surfaces formed cannot be crazy up/down/spikey the fit will be to 2nd order so some numbers you put in may not become reality when you extrapolate coefficients, they will appear smoothed. It's also very non-intuitive to interpret a 4D surface in multiple 3D snapshots, but it is what it is.
    Thank you Chris. Any thoughts on why the Airmass A-C Torque Model coefficient values in the tune are reduced after I increase the Virtual Torque Model values. I'll put together an example when I get to the office tomorrow. I had to increase the Airmass A-C values by hand to increase the Engine Torque PID reporting.

Just read about the User Defined Parameter and FPCM capabilities you guys have added....thank you from all of us...you guys rock :-)

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 03-20-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Hi Chris,
    Any idea when this Torque Model Editing will make it out of beta and into the main update? The thing is that a week ago you guys hooked me up, adding a car to the coverage list and putting it into the daily update. If I switch over to the beta version I would guess that last week's update might not be included in the beta.... I would lose coverage on that client's car. Am I understanding that correctly? I don't want to stress this computer out by running both systems.
    Thanks for all you guys do!

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Any idea when this Torque Model Editing will make it out of beta and into the main update? The thing is that a week ago you guys hooked me up, adding a car to the coverage list and putting it into the daily update. If I switch over to the beta version I would guess that last week's update might not be included in the beta.... I would lose coverage on that client's car. Am I understanding that correctly? I don't want to stress this computer out by running both systems.
    Thanks for all you guys do!
    We add new support and features to the beta first, so beta is all you need.

Much thanks HPT!

Tuner in Training
    Are you guys going to fix how the negative numbers go technically the wrong way of what you would want?

Quote Originally Posted by frans96ss View Post
    Are you guys going to fix how the negative numbers go technically the wrong way of what you would want?
    which negative numbers?
    I count sheep in hex...

which negative numbers?
    The negative torque numbers in the Virtual Torque Editor get more negative when you apply positive Multiply %

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    The negative torque numbers in the Virtual Torque Editor get more negative when you apply positive Multiply %
    Yes this.... Its technically doing the back correctly bc its a negative number but doing the opposite of what we need it to do.

This is working as designed, its multiplying. Use the add if you want to shift everything up a certain amount
    I count sheep in hex...

This is working as designed, its multiplying. Use the add if you want to shift everything up a certain amount
    but a certain percentage, varies per cell...

Tuner in Training
    Yes i understand its working by design.... but if we multiply the positive numbers they go the right way and the negative numbers go the opposite way of what we would want.... Yes we could do the negatives and positives separate but its a pain in the ass to do it that way.