Thread: IAC desired position 310/reset issue after WOT

Tuner in Training

IAC desired position 310/reset issue after WOT

Hi.

I am having issues lately with my IAC going up to 310 after I have been at WOT for a short time. I have attached a scan as well as the tune that was with this scan.
    In my tune the box that says IAC reset position is set to 310, so I am assuming this is where it's commanding 310 from, but I don't know why the VCM is commanding this as it states is uses this value when the VCM is reset. Up till the point of the IAC value raising my car seems to run fine.

03.12.2016 from rays.hpl
    03.12.2016.hpt

Also, if anyone has any ideas on some slight surging when travelling between about 80-90KM/h then I would love to hear them. The scan has an area about 10 minutes 51 seconds in (19:31:56) that shows me pretty well cruising on 80ish. My STFT is changing a heap between bank 1 & 2 and it feels like it kind of corresponds to these fluctuations.

Thanks,

Jason.

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to update on this one for what I have been playing around with over the last day or so. I think it may have something to do with the AC cutout above specific revs (4000rpm) as when I accelerate at a moderate rate it doesn't seem to do it, but when I hold the pedal in all the way and rev right out then when I let off it seems to open the IAC out to 310. This is a little after I have let my foot off, so I am thinking it's coming in at the re-enable RPM of 3500.
    I was testing this theory earlier and turned off my climate control completely and it didn't do it, but I only had the chance to boot it once before I arrived at work!
    Anyway, I'll log the AC clutch and some other specifics to this and see if I can pinpoint what it is but if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Tuner in Training

Definitely related to AC

Does anybody know if the AC cutout is related in any way to the tune of the car? Without fail if I rev over my AC cutout revs then my IAC opens up to 310 and stays there for about 20-25 seconds, then returns to normal.
    If I disengage the AC then I don't have this problem.
    I lowered my VCM IAC reset position to 200 or so and my IAC in this condition still opens to 310. I am yet to try raising and lowering the AC disengage revs to see if this has any effect, but does anyone know if there is anywhere in a tune that could be causing this or could it be an electrical fault? It's pretty consistent though so I am guessing it's a tuning condition somewhere.
    Attached is a latest log with this IAC condition. 05.01.2017 AC cutout.hpl

Thanks,

Jason.