Thread: ls1 runs terrible.

Potential Tuner

ls1 runs terrible.

92 gmc 99 ls1 swapped 799 heads and a btr stage 2 na cam.
    truck was missing and running terrible after I replaced a pushrod I bent and swapped to flex fuel injectors from a 2004 5.3 and put an ls6 intake on it then I found that the lifter was destroyed so I pulled the heads and put new cam (did not degree it in just straight up) lifters valve springs and a set of 799 heads on it. no longer has any miss but it runs terribly rich and the o2 sensors set at 0 like it is very lean. idles with about 14" of vacuum but have had the intake back on and off and sprayed all around it with brake clean looking for a vacuum leak but it does not have one. on a cold start up it will idle forever but if you touch the throttle it will not idle again until pretty much the next day or it cools all the way off. also the fuel trims slowly climb all the way up and set there at 25 and 56 sometimes they will reset them selfs and it will idle a little better but not always. im super new to this and have no idea where to go from here
    here is the tune and a log

thanks in advance for any help.

jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fix your o2 sensor first, those need to be working or you'll just be pulling your hair out trying to get it run decent.

Unless you want to ditch closed loop functions altogether and run open loop only.

Past that you'll have to start with VE and MAF tuning to help get things dialed in for all the engine changes you have made.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    the o2 sensors are new I replaced them when I first saw that they just read 0 but if I unplug them it jumps to the default of 470...

I'd be checking the wiring, make sure the harness is going to the correct side for each.

If they aren't trying to switch lean and rich of stoich (450ish mv) something is wrong with the wiring.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ill start checking all the o2 sensor wiring tomorrow and reply back tomorrow then.

thanks.

Potential Tuner
    i should mention as well that I have pulled the plugs and they are soot covered, so quite obvious rich run condition.

Potential Tuner
    This morning I go out there and hook up the lap top to check and see how it runs with both o2s disconnected and the iat reads 284 and maf is reading 4.84 un plug the maf and the iat will go to -38 when unplugged but the maf just reads 4.84 regardless.

Senior Tuner
    What did you do with the coolant lines under the intake when you put the LS6 intake on?

Potential Tuner
    I see what your going after there but I used the ls6 steam line for the front and plugs for the back.

ITS FIXED I found that the high and low signal wires were swapped in the pcm plugs PIN 26 AND 66 inside the blue connector. and the other 2 pins as well which I don't remember off the top of my head, the maf and iat was my bad screwing with the pins I screwed up the plug inside and the pins were touching each other INSIDE THE PLUG. after I switched them around it fired up and runs good enough to start tuning!

couldn't be more happy, thanks guys.