Thread: E63 tuned

E63 tuned

Finally had the time to tune the E63 we had as a guinea pig and it turned out pretty well. I was tuning it remotely so will need to get back into the dyno pc and screenshot the before and after numbers but it did gain a good 18-22whp all over and 10wtq below 3000rpm which always help.

HP TUNERS works flawlessly and the write time is impressive! I used Dimsport My Genius before and it took around 5-10mins to complete the write and reset the ECU. HP TUNERS did it in 45secs!

One thing though is the fuel adaptives. With the car running in closed loop the whole time, I felt it was similar to tuning the Mopar vehicles with their forever waiting fuel trims to react. It would really help out a lot if we can get a fuel reset adapt.

I know a lot of people are against backfiring on cars, but it was at customers request and looks pretty amazing for AMG to shoot out flames.

Take a look at the link to see what I mean lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdZG3phCRg/

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

hahaha those backfires...
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Gratz Bader..!!!

Awesome.

Decel noise tq limit table for the backfiring? Have you tried setting the fuel cutoff delay higher to add a lil "fuel to the fire" lol.

Thumbs up backfire with flames for GTO?

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    looks pretty amazing for AMG to shoot out flames
    wow!
    wonder what I would have to adjust in an 05 GTO (e40 ecu) to achieve this?
    BION
    StarCaller

Banned
    I don't know anyone who's against or doesn't like flames shooting out of exhaust pipes haha.. doesn't get more awesome than that.
    I was talking about it with a workmate just the other day, our experiences with shooting flames in other cars and what's required ("StarCaller" above also wants to know). Rich up top + extra spark???
    SPILL THE BEANS please.

We also had (and still have) an AMG E-63 come in at my work today. Was wondering if I could hook up HPT to it and steal/copy the tune just to check it out.. Now I know I can. Just have to find the OBD2.. I'm sure it's in some difficult to find and access spot. Euro cars

Banned
    Some other questions regarding the shooting flames..
    1) Did you / your customer lose power/torque by making it shoot flames?
    2) What are the negatives/cons? Cat problems? 02 sensor problems? Muffler problems? Excess fuel consumption? Anything? Everything?
    3) My cars body is fibreglass. If I get my car to shoot flames, it won't eventually melt/phuk my bumper, will it? I think it'll be alright as it's not constant heat/fire, just quick bursts, but want to be sure. Anyone reading this have a fibreglass-bodied car which shoots flames?

No info on google about AMG E63 OBD2 location, damn it.

I posted how to make it happen. Also, the OBD2 port is by the hood release under the steering wheel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I posted how to make it happen. Also, the OBD2 port is by the hood release under the steering wheel
    Thanks, but you didn't seem sure and I don't know what or where "Decel noise tq limit table" is + I read your other post where you wrote "Injector off pattern got the back firing to come alive!" and same thing with that too.. what/where..????? I don't see it in my Editor.
    Can you list how to shoot flames here.. and clearly, please?

Also, when I shot flames out of ... a car, I don't remember loud backfiring... and when my mate used to deliberately make his car backfire (by killing the engine while driving then pumping the gas pedal while rolling and then starting it..) it never shot flames.....
    So what I'm saying is, I would like to shoot flames without the annoying loud bangs, if possible. I just want the "hhhwoooshh" and flames.

Aside from running rich and cutting ignition to cylinders to allow a fuel buildup to fire it, I'm not sure.

Injector off pattern is in Torque management -> Engine -> Fuel section on the right.
    Decel Noise is in Torque Management -> General -> Maximum Torque middle left side

Banned
    Thanks ^ but I don't have that in my Editor. "Every" PCM is different.
    I don't think I'll ever get flames happening on my car. Doesn't seem healthy too.