Thread: LM7 5.3L DBC to DBW swap - doesn't start

Tuner in Training

LM7 5.3L DBC to DBW swap - doesn't start

Hello everyone!

I have a 1989 240SX with an 99 Silverado LM7 in it in front of a NV3500 manual trans. I've been running an OEM LM7 ECU for over a year with just VATS turned off. I found an uncut 04 Suburban L59 DBW Flex Fuel harness with the bigger injectors so I decided to swap over.

I'm using the truck fuse block on both harnesses. Fuel pump is controlled through a switched relay external from the harness.

The car runs perfectly fine on the LM7 harness but once I swapped to the L59 Harness (including pedal/TAC/DBW TB), it's not starting. I'm reading all the main sensors on VM Scanner and the gas pedal is actuating (I press on the pedal before I start cranking in the log), just not sure what I'm missing. I don't have the O2 sensors hooked up because I was too lazy to get under the car for that just for the test fire. I don't think that would affect anything though.

I'm relatively new to HPTuners. I disabled VATS and some of the Emissions CELs then flashed the ECU, that's the only thing I've done to it.

I've included the scan file - please let me know if something looks off (or if I need to log additional parameters). Thanks in advance!

*edit* It looks like my MAF and MAP aren't moving much? Are those values normal?

L59HarnessEDUnostart.hpl

L59FlexFuelECUstock.hpt
    Last edited by FlatBlack; 11-30-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Okay - good fuel pressure, injectors are opening. Pressure was holding at the rail, cranked it over and the pressure went down when cranking, exhaust smells like fuel.

Had the fiancee crank it over with a spare spark plug in one of the coil wires and it's not sparking. The coils are getting 12V to the pink wire on each coil.

Here's the log from me playing with the throttle pedal and then trying to crank it.

The throttle pedal says "20%" when it's actually at 0, does that matter? It goes up to 100% when I open the pedal up fully.

240crankingthrottle.hpl

*edit*

The Throttle Body is the only thing not from that engine - it's from my L33 (2006 VIN B Silverado 1500) but everything else is from a 2004 L59 Suburban. The part number is the same on RockAuto FWIW
    Last edited by FlatBlack; 12-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    1989 240SX - LM7/NV3500, stock 5.3L using truck fuse block/harness
    2000 C5 targa, 2002 GMC Sierra Z71

Tuner in Training
    Moved the ground wire for the coils, fired right up

Thanks, LS1tech!
    1989 240SX - LM7/NV3500, stock 5.3L using truck fuse block/harness
    2000 C5 targa, 2002 GMC Sierra Z71

Always a derp moment haha.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.