Thread: 2015 Whipple'd 5.7 Durango, hesitation rolling into boost at ~2500 rpm

2015 Whipple'd 5.7 Durango, hesitation rolling into boost at ~2500 rpm

I am at the limits of my patience with this vehicle.

2015 Dodge Durango
    Whipple SC
    ID 850s
    Water/Meth (not currently on)
    Longtubes

The vehicle drives GREAT except for between .9 and 1.3 p-ratio it will hesitate every time transitioning into boost.

I have doing this stuff long enough to know the usual 2 bar must-haves, sensed map on, baro learn off, etc etc..... But I just can't seem to get this thing to stop missing in the transition. I've been able to get it to improve, but it is still there.

Currently I am convinced it is not due to the neural network because no change to ramp rate, afr, or even forcing it into open loop has any real effect on the problem. It's not accel enrichement nor steady state fueling.

Raising the pedal for WOT PE from 1.7 to 3.0 did help, and it happens when the TB snaps towards WOT. One thing that has been consistent is "Total Airflow" always swings downward just before it happens. Almost like the airflow model needs tweaking to get it to behave, but how do we accomplish that? Torque/Airflow Factor? Torque/Airflow Offset?

I would GLADLY pay one of the experts here to help me troubleshoot this so I don't ever run into this again. Customer has been out of his vehicle for 2+ months and I would like to get this resolved for peace of mind.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you have access to a dyno retune your commanded PE and set FA back to stock. Seems like it could do with a lot of work.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    any head way?

Potential Tuner
    The VE table needs work

Update to this. The bypass actuator was defective.

Advanced Tuner
    How was it defective?