Thread: 2.0 Ecotec LTG Stand Alone Tune

2.0 Ecotec LTG Stand Alone Tune

Greetings all,
    My name is Chad and I live in Central Florida. I am part of a growing group of Ecotec fanatics (As related to airboats). I've been airboating for 20+ years using antiquated aircraft engines. All my boats have been relatively small, current one is 11.5 X 7.5, I want more power and push than my trusty 150 HP Lycoming provided but the stereotypical small block Chevy is not a viable option. I've been watching the rise and evolution of the GM Ecotec for about 6 years now and decided to take the plunge. I procured a 2014 2.0 LTG with 8K miles in November 2014 along with all the components I need to operate it. I soon discovered going with the latest and greatest is not always best, but patience is a virtue. At the time of my purchase Trifecta was the only company offering a stand alone tune for this generation. Long story short, my build is done and I've been waiting 3 months for a tune (that I won't be able to tweak). I have logged an inquiry with ZZ Performance in hopes they will give me some good news. Upon receiving said good news I look forward to becoming a HP Tuner family member and begin tweaking this little power plant I've been waiting so long to bring to life! Does anyone know of any other providers for a stand alone tune? Happy tuning! Chad
    11.5 X 7.5 Alumitech
    2.0 Ecotec LTG
    2.38:1 Ballistic
    6 Bld Razor X

Zzp is not where u want to go I have one of there tunes and nothing but trouble. Best to read learn and do it your self with help. I have tuned a few ltg and have a 2013 ats with bigger turbo so have a decent grasp on it so could give u a hand with changing stuff.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    I believe Jerry Kinney at Bad New Racing can do a standalone tune for the LTG.

Out of interest- did you ever find someone to remove things like the anti theft system?