Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing the ecu to a differant year

Make sure Desired Torque wire is in Blue Connector Pin 13. It was originally in Red Connector Pin 46 of the 98 harness.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadib View Post
    one thing i forgot to mention is the motor will not rev. it sounds like the fuel cut off hits it about 2000 rpms any ideas?
    could not doing a crankshaft variation relearn cause this?

No. Usually there is no or almost no affect from needing to run the crankshaft variation learn. It is worth doing but you'd rarely notice any difference.

It is more likely torque management (engine and transmission), related to gear position, stall speed, abuse mode, traction control, and/or power-hop. There are a lot of options and a lot of affects. It is best to read what you can about it but I have seen different (sometimes negative) affects from getting rid of of an area as some recommend. While some things can obviously be maxxed out (power-hop injector disable) I prefer to just go through the options getting acquainted with them, making small changes and examining the affects.

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't have time to read thru the entire thread, but I did this swap on my 97 Corvette. A couple things to note quickly. The BCM doesn't care what the VIN is, works fine with the 2002 ECM. You must use a 2002 style MAFS, these can be sourced cheaply from a truck. The MAF table is different between the 97-98 and 99-up ECUs and will not scale correctly if you don't swap it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Make sure Desired Torque wire is in Blue Connector Pin 13. It was originally in Red Connector Pin 46 of the 98 harness.
    Desired torque wire is in blue 13. Im still looking for the answer

I expect that it is time to look at the actual tune. I don't know much on the boosted applications but you can definitely find the help you need here. Can you log the situation and post the tune and log?

Quote Originally Posted by PitchblackC3 View Post
    I didn't have time to read thru the entire thread, but I did this swap on my 97 Corvette. A couple things to note quickly. The BCM doesn't care what the VIN is, works fine with the 2002 ECM. You must use a 2002 style MAFS, these can be sourced cheaply from a truck. The MAF table is different between the 97-98 and 99-up ECUs and will not scale correctly if you don't swap it.
    I dont have a MAF on my car it is SD only will i need to modify the maf table anyway?

No. You do need an IAT sensor though as that ECM relied on the IAT in the MAF for air temp readings.

As you are running SD only you probably know about disabling the MAF in the tune and refining your SD/VE table. Others on here know a lot more about operating system upgrades for boosted applications. It might be worth it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    No. You do need an IAT sensor though as that ECM relied on the IAT in the MAF for air temp readings.

As you are running SD only you probably know about disabling the MAF in the tune and refining your SD/VE table. Others on here know a lot more about operating system upgrades for boosted applications. It might be worth it for you.
    I have a IAT sensor? here is the tune please tell me if i missed something

Set the MAF dtc's to fail on first error, just uncheck the SES boxes. Those timing tables need some help too.

You may want to fix the open loop EQ ratio too because you disabled closed loop functions, it's never going to command a solid 1.00 AKA stoich once it's warmed up with how you have the tune right now. I'd start having it come down to 1.00 after it's above 120-140 degree coolant temp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I was just looking at the tune for curiosity I noticed under engine>fuel>cutoff> deceleration fuel cutoff settings>enable RPM vs gear are at 6900 rpm for first gear only, the rest of the settings are around 2k for both entry and exit. Those settings may not have anything to do with your 2k limiter but it maybe worth a shot, I would also make your RPM limits settings all match the same value on cutoff and resume through each box. I have had failing MAP sensors do this as well, but usually they would stall with no sense or warning after a minute of running. I noticed your MAP linear is different from a stock 02 vette, which I'm sure you altered for your boost setup.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

Quote Originally Posted by JHPerformance View Post
    I was just looking at the tune for curiosity I noticed under engine>fuel>cutoff> deceleration fuel cutoff settings>enable RPM vs gear are at 6900 rpm for first gear only, the rest of the settings are around 2k for both entry and exit. Those settings may not have anything to do with your 2k limiter but it maybe worth a shot, I would also make your RPM limits settings all match the same value on cutoff and resume through each box. I have had failing MAP sensors do this as well, but usually they would stall with no sense or warning after a minute of running. I noticed your MAP linear is different from a stock 02 vette, which I'm sure you altered for your boost setup.
    thanks for the help guy the fuel limit did the trick